Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New UDK Environment - Waterworld Inspired Scene

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
elementrix polycounter lvl 15
so yet Another environment, again extremely modular (next time I'll do a more natural environment:P)

The scene setting is heavily inspired by The village from the Movie Waterworld. Which is settled in a world consisting only out of water, this village is floating around on sea and shows a lot of features unique to this kind of setting. For example drinking water is rare so every roof is used to collect rain water and is stored in large tanks so you will see a lot of pipe systems. The whole village is more like a fortress Surrounded by walls and guard tower because out on sea there are a lot of "pirates".

My intepretation is more in the style direction of games like borderlands, Team Fortress 2, Airborn etc. And I just like to mix between those styles.

I started the scene long ago (more than a year) and now I want to finish it. I already have most of the puzzle pieces done and the blockout to my liking. So now it's just building and texturing. I will keep this thread updated and my deadline to finish it is around the end of January so I have to start working hard.

I set up a new workflow so now I can build my scenes in maya and export them through T3D to get them in udk because I hate placing stuff in UDK.

Here is the blockout:
Waterworld_blockout.jpg?t=1294229153

and here is an image of what I already did:
Waterworld_Wip01.jpg

Replies