Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CS_Metroplex. Counter-Strike Source, Custom 64 player hostage Rescue

My primary source of feedback while working on this map has been mapcore.

A playable version is now available. I have media and a download link on my site:
http://www.binaryspace.info/level-design/cs_metroplex/

If you're in the Oceania region and interested in a game, it's running 24/7 on my server:
203.46.105.34:2121

This is the single public test version I'm releasing. I don't intend to spend much more time on it. I'd still appreciate feedback, particularly about gameplay bugs or exploits.

cs_metroplex_001.jpg
cs_metroplex_003.jpg
cs_metroplex_003a.jpg
cs_metroplex_009.jpg
cs_metroplex_011.jpg
cs_metroplex_013.jpg
cs_metroplex_014.jpg
cs_metroplex_015.jpg

Replies

• keres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keres polycounter lvl 12
    Looks really great! I'll try to play it when I see it next. The left side of the second image, though, the building's curve seems to have a lightmap problem. If you were to fix this, I find no other mistakes in your screen shots.
  • m8nkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the crits. The round building gave me a lot of grief. Initially I built it using BSP geometry. I started this project using the ep1 engine which didn't support smooth groups for brush faces. I ended up using displacements to create the curves which was tedious but provided a better lighting result than brushes.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    Oh wow you've finished it! I remember seeing your wip shots on Texturehub a long while back. Congratulations on completing this.