Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: M-Cubed

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
M-Cubed polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, decided to start a sketchbook thread here. I'm a 3D artist, who at the time of this post is currently unemployed, and am spending some time working on my portfolio in the interim.

I have year of professional experience, though not directly in the game industry, more of modeling and rigging for e-learning and web video that I did at the army. I'm very interested in the gaming industry, but am also interested in pretty much anything that 3D graphics can be used for. Games, film, broadcast, advertising, etc.

I want to specialize mostly in character modeling, however I'm going to be pushing myself to do some vehicle, prop, and maybe at some point down the road, environments.

So for now, please feel free to check out this thread. When I post work, I encourage you to leave me constructive criticism. Please be thorough in your comments please. If you believe I did something wrong, think something should be changed, or if I could do something much better with a different technique, say so. However, if you have the time, I would greatly appreciate some insight as to why you believe these changes should happen, and perhaps some ideas as to how I could do so. If it's just something like the proportions on a model don't seem right, and it's hard to put a finger on, or give a suggestion, that's ok. Just please no 'ur stuff sux.' I'm here to learn and create interesting models, so I believe the more thorough comments I receive from you guys, the better I will become.

So thanks in advance for looking at my stuff. Cheers!

Replies

• M-Cubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    M-Cubed polycounter lvl 6
    Ok, so here is the first content post I'll throw up here. I'm currently working on a new character model. It's a simple idea. A young woman, whom I'm considering a college/university student. Seeing as it's winter here in up in good 'ol Canada she's going to be in some winter wear. So here is the beginnings of design in which I came up with several outfit ideas, and then combined them into two I like the most, and started doing some color tests. Personally I think the first color test looks the best, and will most likely be pushing forward with that design. Next will be coming up with a decent looking face. I need more practice in designing faces. Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve for coming up with faces for your characters? Especially for a more realistic style. Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Ester02.jpg