Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Daniel van Leeuwen, Environment artist

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
elementrix polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys I finally finished my website=), I'm looking for feedback and an internship position so please take a look at:

www.elementrix.nl

Replies

• keres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keres polycounter lvl 12
    I think it is very clear, which is great. Immediately after seeing some beauty shots, I wanted a wireframe render, and it was right there after it :) I see no spelling errors, and everything seems very presentable. All of the items there look like great portfolio items, and not half-assed WIP shots.

Good job. Surely some hardcore artists will have crits for your actual art. I am mostly a programmer, and I have successfully found everything I would have searched for when looking through your portfolio.

Merry Christmas, and good luck with your endeavor for an internship!
    -Tom
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I like the website - straight to the point!
    I am however wary of the title font you used - I like it design-wise but it's somewhat hard to read.
  • REKLAS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool easy to use site, nice art, looks good. I especially like the Cave Prototype. I do agree that the font is hard to read. Also, for "An handpainted dungeon" shouldn't it be "A" instead?
  • Builder_Anthony
    Ya the lettering has to go at the top of the page there.Id also get rid of the grey on the sides.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah change the font. Otherwise the site and content is great.
  • Urbanmelon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Urbanmelon polycounter lvl 7
    Hi elementrix, nice and simple portfolio website, good job.

I agree with the others, change the title font, it's too hard to read. Like REKLAS said it should be "A handpainted dungeon". I would make your contact button change color on hover, I didn't realize it was clickable until I accidentally clicked on it. You should also put more space between you header and you other buttons, because like I said it's easy to accidentally click your contact button, and the buttons don't stand out, I didn't immediately notice your "about" button because its totally drowned by everything around it.

One last thing: it's "tricount" not "triscount" like you've written on your Galleon sheets.

So aside from some layout problems and spelling errors,the content is nice and well-presented.

Good luck with your internship quest !
  • elementrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elementrix polycounter lvl 15
    ok I fixed almost all points you guys adressed, the logo is still the same kind of style but a slightly different font and much more readable. Thanks for all the feedback and if there is anything else please say so.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    one of the better folios I've seen.
    font could use changing, agreed. very nice otherwise
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Very nice. Clean, well stocked, good stuff!
  • jimmypopali
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yup, apart from maybe the title, all looks good. Solid website and everything is accessible on every page and up front. Enjoyable to look at!
  • Micah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micah polygon
    Main problems i see are:
    1. When you click on one of your works your title changes and I read it as "DANIEL VAN LEEUWENEVIROMENT ARTIST" so you might want to add abit of spacing in there.
    2. On you cave prototype I thought the waterfall was a sand waterfall because the color is almost the same as the sand next to it, also it took me a second to realize that there was water in the seen at all, because it just makes the sand underneath it darker. I'D suggest making a texture for that instead of just having a transparrent blue over it.
    3. there's a small problem on the "cave prototype" that will be easy to fix and that is the waterfall goin through one of the walls, fixxing that will just make it look allot neater.

Hope this helps.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work! I've been following your medieval texture painting thread. Good stuff. I am sure you will have no problem finding an internship with your quality of work!
  • Zelenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelenkov polycounter lvl 9
    Nice, clean and to the point. Great quality art as well! Makes me want to play zelda now...
  • POFFINGTON
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
    No doubt a simple easy site, one of my favorites that I have seen, easy to navigate. I would agree with Reklas about the font. I also really like the Ship level, its really nice and crisp. Keep up the good work man
  • DarkStar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    your dungeon remind me of heretic ( the game) but i dont know why !
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Hey I think your art is really great and professional!! My favorite is your dungeon one XD On your cave prototype page, it's 'leaves', not 'leafs'. Also, I don't know if you've changed your title text yet, but it's still hard to read.

Good luck! I think you'll find an internship easy :)
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice work, I really enjoyed the hand paint work.

Goodjob, Hope to see more of your work.