Home General Discussion

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam now on pc

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
vofff polycounter lvl 10
News from Facebook battlefield:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is now live and available on the PC! Go go go!
Anyone bought it yet?
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield

Replies

• ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    ARGHHHH gnna wait until the ps3 version is released
  • Carl Brannstrom
    It's really cool with some newer Vietnam game! One thing that disappointed me though was that you can choose whatever weapon you want regardless of which team you play on :(
    For example, you can spawn with a M60 and 1911 when you play as Vietnamese etc.. So you never have to consider your stradgedy for eatch map/team you play since you can just use the same equipment all the time.
    Also one more thing that bothers me is that many maps (when playing in conquest mode) are desiged in a triangle fashion so there's no real front in the battlefield. Which just make it feel like "quake: vietnam" - Open area with random spawn locations and people everywhere.

It's really good especially for being a DLC that almost make it feel like a diffirent game. But I expected more.
    Still I have only played for about 1 hour so I'll see what it's like after playing for a while.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm on that shit like white on rice.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    bit disappointed so far, wanted more tunes too.. :D guess we'll see more maps tuesday was hoping for more but nice for 15 bucks.
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    Picked it up today. For 15 bucks it's a pretty great deal. Some might complain about the "different" play style, but to me that's the great part about it.

The maps feel much smaller and more hectic, which actually gives that feel of the real vietnam war and old pacific ww2. Some neat new weapons too. I have a few beefs with it like stats not carrying over correctly for unlocking ranks... but other than that it's entertaining enough to merit a purchase in my opinion.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Can we some some screenshots? I sold my PS3 and Bad Company 2 (:() so I will have to live with some still images.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    Can we some some screenshots? I sold my PS3 and Bad Company 2 (:() so I will have to live with some still images.

Can I ask why?
    Crap I cant get mine, damn steam cant find my bc2 source
  • SnakeDoctor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnakeDoctor keyframe
    One thing I miss about the original BF Vietnam is the booby-traps. :( Wish they could of brought those back over. Also, it dosnt both me but I know some people that arnt happy with just having iron sites for their assult weapons.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff wrote: »
    Can I ask why?

Just want to see some environments and gun models and stuff.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    It's great so far and it's a steal for $15. It really changes some of the gameplay mechanics...its must more in your face now. Very hard to get a high K to D ratio now. You die a lot more haha.

The new Vehicles are wayyy overpowered.

If anyone wants to play my solider name is Striff
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    I've only played it for a few hours so far. I'm still undecided about how much I like it.

The things that bug me the most:
    - it is almost impossible to differentiate the classes by their visuals
    - squad teamplay seems to be not that important any more, it's like one vs. one over and over again
    - vehicles are too strong, especially gunboats
    - camping in the undergrowth as an assault is far too rewarding
    - the maps don't work that well with few players
    - if you've played BC2 only a little you already have all weapons in Vietnam to start with
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They do have to compete with COD, you must remember that. They are trying their best to catch up, although EA is massive and don't really need more money... ahaha I don't even know anymore...