Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Model - Crits please

Hi there, this is my latest character for class. I'm hoping to get some critiques and suggestions for things I could also work on in the future. Thanks PC
MR_01.jpgZbrush.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Replies

• MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    This is really cool, can i ask how you go about moving something like a thin strap in and out of zbrush?
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    My only crit would be the wide of his shoulders, his legs are long but this chest looks too small, I know he's supposed to have an Asian body complexity, but his shoulders could be wider to fit the rest of the body. my two cents.
  • kevinjonesart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys. Frell I dont really follow, I moved the thin strap the same as any other mesh, it does have a slight thickness to it. Cap, yea I definately agree, but I think the zbrush width is ok, marmoset just seems to really distort the model with its perspective... thanks guys
  • Chimeray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really dig your model, not a fan of the texturing choice though... looks too much like Assassin's Creed on first sight (color palette, etc).

Just look at your grey renders, they're so awsome! So much things you could've done with that model in terms of texturing... But perhaps that's just me?

Did you make a paint-over, study, concept art, anything that helped you pick those color and base texture? If yes, care to post the sheet?