Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jimmy the mosquito

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Saman polycounter lvl 13
Hello everyone!
Here is a new character I've been working on. It's a goblin character from a world set with a 1920's fantasy theme. Jimmy is a small time gangster who mostly makes his living by robbing people. He got his nickname because of his looks and for the pain he is.
About 8k tripolys. 1024x1024 diffuse, spec and normal maps(512x512 on the gun). Critique is welcome!
goblin101214.jpg
goblinzbrush.jpg
GoblinWalkcycle.gif
goblinwireframe.jpg
Edit: The looks and nickname was a bit vague so I changed the info text.

Replies

• Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sure wont get any sleep tonight after seeing thoose huge eyes staring at me :(.

Anyhow i love the model :D But i couldnt really tell it was a mosquito from the first look. Reminds me moore of a goblin or something. maybe its the noose and the fact that he lacks wings.

But the wobbly eyes makes up for it!
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    It's not meant to be a mosquito, it's a nickname(pretty common for some old gangsters from that time, i.e Johnny the rat and so on). Yes, it's a goblin ;)
  • Bruno Afonseca
    Looks cool! I think the skin could be a lil bit brighter because the whole model looks too dark (except for the eyes).
    Walk cycle is a bit wonky atm, head moves back and forth like a pigeon walking, which could be cool but it doesn't feel connected to the walk. The waist area is a bit stiff, and so are the shoulders (they should spin in opposite directions while walking). And the sideways motion is too pronounced, while I don't see much up and down motion.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Here is an update.
    I need critique on this. I need to know about what you think regarding the design. I don't do an awful lot of cartoony/stylized art so I need to know how I'm doing. Also thanks for the compliments but is it really an interesting character? Perhaps I should just skip doing my own characters and do stuff from 2d art I find as it would make it more interesting. What do you think?
    goblin101217.jpg