Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Long time lurker, First time poster

Hey guys

My name is Oliver, im a 2nd year games design student at Staffordshire Uni. I have been lurking these forums even since i heard about them back in my first year, and i would just like to say that there is some unbelievable work i have seen, so unbelievable in fact, i have always been scared of signing up and posting.
I am coming to the end of my 2nd year 1st semester work, and i have finished with time to spare (again) and thought, todays the day, today ill bite the bullet and post.
So here we go, these are two pieces of work i am particularly proud of, 1 is a few assets for some group work. We are basically making a game, and ours is of the survival horror persuasion.
The 2nd is a 3d facial modelling project. In which we are required to make a low poly representation of our head, take it into Zbrush and zombiefy it.
I hope you enjoy the images, and (deep breath..) i would appreciate any crits you may have.

FullSheet.jpg
Gurney1.jpg
hammer1.jpg
Pipe11.jpg
Wrench1.jpg
clipboard1.jpg
gettingthere.jpg
z1.jpg

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas, and hopefully, ill have some more stuff to post

Replies

• Arcanox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is some really cool stuff... one thing really stood out for me though. Stuff like a pipe actually takes 3 1k maps?

You should probably experiment with using much lower res maps and having a detail map to overlay over your object to give it that extra layer of noise.
  • Turkey-San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Arcanox! Thanks for the reply and the crits, this is why i am here, to learn. And already, only being up for 5 mins, i now know what a detail map is... and my mind i blown again. Thanks a lot :)