Home Technical Talk

After Effects Image Rendering Sequence

Hey I'm having this problem that I cant seem to solve and I was hoping someone had an answer for me. After I render out a sequence of images out a Maya and import them in to After Effects to render as a avi, I get this problem where looks like it drops some frames or plays it faster.

For example I have a image sequence of 201 frames which if played back at 24fps should be about 8 seconds ,but when I import the image sequence into AF it ends up being about 6.3 seconds. I double check all my settings I was wondering if I missed something.

If anyone has any ideas to help fix this problem that would be great

Replies

• haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Check to see if After Effects is set up for NTSC or PAL depending on what region you are rendering for. Also make sure that maya has the correct set up too.
  • K17020
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using square pixels because I'm bring in a 1280 x 720 image sequence
  • K17020
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are some images of my settings and what the problem is

• ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    K17020 wrote: »
    For example I have a image sequence of 201 frames which if played back at 24fps should be about 8 seconds ,but when I import the image sequence into AF it ends up being about 6.3 seconds. I double check all my settings I was wondering if I missed something.

If anyone has any ideas to help fix this problem that would be great

really easy to fix -
    right click your image sequence in the project tab and go to interpret footage -> main -> assume this framerate -> set to 24 fps (AE is importing frames at 30 fps by some reason)
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    ikken wrote: »
    really easy to fix -
    right click your image sequence in the project tab and go to interpret footage -> main -> assume this framerate -> set to 24 fps (AE is importing frames at 30 fps by some reason)

^ This is correct. After effects always assumes 30 fps unless you change the default in the preferences. You can also change it by hitting command*option*f and changing it in that window pane, which is the same thing just with shortcut keys.
  • K17020
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? I thought that's kind of weird I thought that the composition that you set was the outputting FPS. I'm still kind of new to After Effects, but man did you guys save me a lot of heart ache