Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Original Design - Anti Matter Gun

Model I have been working over at 3d total. ITs coming together well, im %95 done or so. Just need to test shaders, and then UV map, texture, render. Hope you like it, original design....and I need sleep =)

http://ajdinbarucija.blogspot.com/

render003.jpg

render002.jpg

render001.jpg

render004.jpg

frontf2002.jpg

scr003.jpg

Replies

• Huntard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huntard polycounter lvl 12
    Can't wait to see this progress!
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    Very cool. As far as functionality goes though, I'm assuming that is some sort of display or holographic screen there in front of the grips? Otherwise, it doesn't seem like you'd be able to see over the front of the gun.

Impressive stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, yeh this is what the holographic projection is for =) If i is animaed i could make an after fx effec of the monitor. =) Im very glad you like it!
  • Urbanmelon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Urbanmelon polycounter lvl 7
    It looks pretty cool man ! The only thing that bothers me is the small cylinder thingies on the business end of the gun, they look kind of fragile and easy to break off.

Looking forward to updates !
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Urbanmelon wrote: »
    It looks pretty cool man ! The only thing that bothers me is the small cylinder thingies on the business end of the gun, they look kind of fragile and easy to break off.

Looking forward to updates !

Thanks man, just doing some lighting tess now. They are pretty strong, and can be replaced easily...that is the idea anyway. Combined hey produce an electric field. Each contains a small amount of Anti-Matter. Hence the name. So, this is Amo in a way. :P Maybe I should make a diagram explaining what everything does .

lighttest.jpg
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    cool modeling. But I have to say I find the foothold way to fragile to first hold the weight of the gun and second absorb any recoil that occurs when the gun is fired. In addition the centre of mass of the gun is not laying obove the foothold but is shifted t the front.

I'd say invest a little more into the supporting foothold of the gun. A more complex mechanical element that clearly can absorb recoil and bears the heavy weight of the gun and maybe also supports the user to aim this thing. (Hydraulic , pneumatic, what ever)

Anyway great work so far. Keep on.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah your a genius! ;p I knew somehting was bugging me but became lazy..I have come up with a grea design to absorb both the weight and he recoil, also letting me give it a cooler shape at the base =) I will model this in an hour =) then upate later thank you for the Constructive Crit =)
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    following on from what slave said,

The recoil on this beast would be huge, so instead of just a vertical stand possibly create a sort of rail system for the entire gun to recoil back on and hydraulics push it back into place? Otherwise it looks like it could such collapse and not be such a world destroying weapon, which would make the likes of darth, jong il and norris mosy unpleased.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    chrizz1 wrote: »
    following on from what slave said,

The recoil on this beast would be huge, so instead of just a vertical stand possibly create a sort of rail system for the entire gun to recoil back on and hydraulics push it back into place? Otherwise it looks like it could such collapse and not be such a world destroying weapon, which would make the likes of darth, jong il and norris mosy unpleased.

That is assuming there would even BE recoil. I'm not familiar with the creation of antimatter, but it's possible that there would be little to no recoil at all. This is a totally fictional thing.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophecies wrote: »
    That is assuming there would even BE recoil. I'm not familiar with the creation of antimatter, but it's possible that there would be little to no recoil at all. This is a totally fictional thing.

I was thinking this as well...anti matter is energy. Just a different type of new energy. In my original idea the Gun would not produc Recoil. But now that he brought it up...the bottom part of the model is BORING :p

So I have re designed he bottom part, and am modeling it, to both look visually pleasing, and be able to absorb recoil is there was any.

Also, to others I should have explained about the model. In my vision of it, every part of the model can be easily replaced ...if damaged...during warfare. =)
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow beautiful work there, its a little bulky for my taste but i love your detail work and some of the smaller design aspects. Are you going to make a lowpoly and bake it down?
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spitfire wrote: »
    Wow beautiful work there, its a little bulky for my taste but i love your detail work and some of the smaller design aspects. Are you going to make a lowpoly and bake it down?

Indeed I hope to do so friend. Im trying to work non stop making different type of modeling and designs. If you can suggest a more organic weapon or a vehicle would be great ^_^
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    Recoil would add alot to the firing animation though, which was really where I was going with the whole on rails thing. Unless you have preplaned ideas about that which will be interesting to see.
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrizz1 wrote: »
    Recoil would add alot to the firing animation though, which was really where I was going with the whole on rails thing. Unless you have preplaned ideas about that which will be interesting to see.

Wow this Forum email update works! lol

No i agree with you, this is what I wanted....even if in reality Anti matter would not produce this...the expulsion of this matter (there is no matter but only particles) would give off a good feed back to the user of the gun BOOMMMMMM!!!!

Then

*ohh pretty lights!*
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Indeed I hope to do so friend. Im trying to work non stop making different type of modeling and designs. If you can suggest a more organic weapon or a vehicle would be great ^_^

One idea would be to make the "inner" (the main housing) less angular, i know this can be a pain to change considering all the details you put in there that fits those angles, but i think it feels a little too blocky, even though the details break that up a bit.

Try making the block less of a 4 sided rectangle (the visual impact is this) and work on adding some dimensions to the side perhaps, maybe some coils or something that is more organic to break it up. It needs to be larger in size to really be abel to make that visual impact of breaking off from the square look of the inner part, adding smaller organic parts will not alter it.

Either way your work is awesome, the details really sell it for me and you can probably just make very simple design changes to the main part and add your magic detailwork to really get that cool look. Keep going!
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I agree with you so much...yet, you have to consider Style and taste..this is kind of very old shcool sci-fi. Not organic kind like you see so much now. I waned old bolts, rivets, old old style with a future sci fi look =)
    Like I alway say, suggets me a cool 2D concept and if i like it i will model it =)
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was more thinking of adding that bulky look on the horizontal dimension, keeping the same aesthetics you have right now, just adding more volume too it.

What kind of rendering setup do you use, its a very beautiful way of displaying a highres model
  • AjdinBarucija
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh hey, I got Vray now after a while. I have to recomen it to anyone who uses such models. Mental ray just does not cut it I think.