Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Edwin Porfert

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
P442 polycounter lvl 8
http://edwinporfert.com/

I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm always looking to get better.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rurouni Strife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rurouni Strife polycounter lvl 10
    You have some nice environments in there. They are pretty imaginative and very colorful.

I would take them into a game engine first and foremost. They appear pre-rendered to me. The leaves on the Cyprus tree could use some extra planes to make them appear less flat too.

As far as your site goes, it looks good to me. I would display larger images in your content pages though. Nothing smaller than 720x480, and since HD everything is the standard I'd throw up mostly 720p images if not larger. Look at Adam's portfolio to see how large most of his images are.

Good luck!
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    thanks. Will work on getting larger images in.
    Also, all but the Cannon deck scene images are from UDK. I should probably include some logos
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    I think the wood barrels and cannons room, along with the blacksmiths room, are the strongest of what you have so far.

Just throw ALL your scenes into UDK / unity and try to light and render them in there. It'll be a better learning experience for you =)
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    Just to clarify, they are already in UDK, except for the cannon room, that's a Maya render.

udk.jpg