Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Venus De Milo gallery project

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Adam Curtis polycounter lvl 16
Thought I'd start my own thread, as I had to submit the work today. Here's a quick intro that I put in WAYO-

Started on a cool new project last weekend, working for Paul Bryan. http://www.pmbryan.com/blog.html

Lourve attendants were asked to draw their own representations of the Venus De Milo if she had an arm/arms and basically give her there own spin. I've been asked to interpret these drawings into 3d sculpts. The whole project is for an exhibition in London, more info can be found on Pauls blog.

Gary Riley - a friend of mine also helped me on the project, I'll ask him to update this thread with his work.

We only had a week and a half, just working in the evenings after work which I found really tough.. I had to speed sculpt :( It was fun and I'm fairly pleased with the results, but there are anatomy issues etc that I would really like to go back and fix when I don't have to rush. I would also like to do some decent renders, not just shots inside Mudbox and also imrpove the textures, as they were just projections inside Mud.

Also thanks to the guys who gave me crit in the WAYO, I'll look to address those things in the coming weeks :D

I'll update the thread with any updates from the exhibition which should be cool!

Here's a basic replica that was asked for-

replica.jpg

and my own take!-

Skull.jpg

Duster.jpg

Sword.jpg

mermaid.jpg

Fingers.jpg

Replies