Home Technical Talk

how to take out a texture from a viewport?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hello , what I am trying to do is I made some lianas in 3dsmax in 3d shape and I would like to get a texture bidimensional from it , but if I take a screen from the viewport the result is very much aliased and pixellated , if I do a render I have no idea why but it comes out very dark compared to the viewport , any ideas tips or a procedure on how to do that?

Any help appreciated thankyou :) ....

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I don't understand you question completely, I guess you could have done a better job. But what I am guessing is that you want some kind of mask channel. If you render a image there is a alpha swap button:
    fig47-2.jpg
    if you click on it you will get the alpha channel, of course you will also know how to use alpha channels in PS but you can google that yourself.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Render to texture > diffuse map?
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    If you want a hi-res screengrab directly from Max viewport, you might want to try the GrabViewport script by Leslie Vandenbroek. Download it from Xoliul's website under the Download section. You can input the resolution manually compare to the default screengrab which depends on your viewport size.

_Revel