Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Telescope Diffuse ideas and ModleCritique

oh ma god its a hipol telescope. But alas theres no texture on this little devil, any ideas and suggestions? Any help, or critiques on the model would also be very nice :]

TelescopePLYCNT-1.jpg

Replies

• ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    Why are there rivets on the front of the telescope if they're not in your reference. It seems the scale of some of your stuff doesn't match the reference as well. The mounts look skinnier and are more round at the top.

Diffuse ideas? Match the concept and make a game resolution "lowpol". It's not that hard mate. Also just a tip in case you are putting your own spin on it: If you're not trying to match the concept/reference you've shown don't include it in your presentation shot.

Good luck mang, it's a good start.

Edit: After reading your last thread you made you might want to take into account the critiques people give you. The image you shown in the last thread looked thrown together and disregarded their useful advice.
  • Villageguard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea, my last one was quite bad, and thats all my bad, um thanks for the advice, and yea im giving it my own twist, ill keep the presentation advice in mind :D

As for the out of scale stuff, i just forgot... yea... tnx for reminding me :D
  • Villageguard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omg last final ._. TeleScopes.jpg I think my floor came out better than my modlel lol, i figured out how to do most of the thing, but im having a problem with adding the 2nd material to the telescope, it worked, but idk how it happened? anyone have any tips about this?
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    omg cant see shit.

just kidding, but we really cant tell whats going on. try bringing up the lights, adding a another one or two, and if you still cant see whats happening, try to lighten the diffuse and bring up the spec on the telescope.

what it looks like, is that the base needs more spec and gloss, and needs to be a grey color,
    the scope should be black with a very high specular, higher gloss
    and the arms should be a dark grey with a medium amount of spec, low gloss.

always try to separate color from how shiny it is, no real crits until I can see it :)