Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spas 12 Shotgun

We have seen many of these in varying quality, i thought i would give it a try and make my own.

Right now i feel mostly done with the highpoly, got some minor fixes with the buttstock etc, but other c&c on the highpoly is welcome!
The text on the side of the gun will be added later in the normalmap creation aswell as any other smaller details.

I started working on the lowpoly but ill wait with posting the results until i got a full model ready

The picture is a screengrab from 3dsmax viewport using xiloushader
shotgun5.jpg

Replies

• Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working really hard to get this thing to look as good as possible
    Im not done yet, still got fixing to do here and there, and to make sure some of the parts are more accurate and to finish off the texture fully.

spas1wip.jpg
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is some screens from playing around with lighting /hdri setup from marmoset toolbag.
    spas2.jpg
  • sneakymcfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    surprised no one responded to this, looks really great. the scratching on the smooth area of the weapon (at the rear don't know the name) looks really great however i would rethink the scratches elsewhere, some of them seem pretty random whilst your scratches on the slide the pump runs quickly fade to nothing and stand out a little to much.

whilst the stock and receiver body look good the front grill bit and pump look a little flat, the grime on the pump in the first iteration was a bit extreme but bringing that back in on the second might improve it somewhat.
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits, ive been stairing myselfe blind on this lately, right now im just trying to finish of the last bit of texture details on it.

What do you mean by the front grill? the part with all the holes in them?

Its a hard part to texture since its pretty flat by standard and does not really hold that much of an interesting visual feel.
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found the shotgun lying around and thought id update it a bit
    here is a first wip of it with a strap, ill add some more to the strap eventually like the shell holders etc

23ku4o7.jpg