Home General Discussion

Yep... Vig = Mark Dygert

So late last week I started posting officially as a Polycount Editor as part of the change Adam and I agreed that a name change would be in order. I wasn't going to post a thread or make a big deal out of it but I got a few messages about it and thought that there should be at least an explanation. If nothing more than to save me from having to type it all out again.

Bitch bitch email. KAPOW link! done.

smith_wake.jpg

For a few reasons:
1) The other editors typically go by their full, natural names.
2) In all other forms of communication, I've switched to using my real name, normally "MarkD". This was the last place I was still known as Vig.
At a few places I've worked at there always seems to be an abundance of Mark's or Marc's so I've gone by just "Dygert" and a few people even called me Vig.
3) Most of the people I interact with on polycount have been using their real names for years
4) Might as well take full responsibility for the crazy shit Vig writes. Not like it was all that hard to figure out, heh.

I'll keep my avatar for the foreseeable future mostly because I'm lazy wait... umm sooo everyone can adjust to the new name, yea that's it...

Back story behind the name:

Vig, comes from Vigialanti. When I signed up for Prodigy (Dial up ISP 14.4kbs BABY!! LOOK OUT!) Batman was already taken so was Vigilante. As I couldn't always remember the unique spelling I shortened it to Vig which at the time was too short for most things so it was also TheVig which turns out to be:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigorish
"Vigorish, or simply the vig, also known as juice or the take, is the amount charged by a bookmaker, or bookie, for his services."
As the internet got its act together I was able to shorten it back down to Vig, it was easy to spell, easy for people to remember and enough people didn't already use it, besides it fit nicely in the initials slot of arcade games too.

So there ya go, I don't plan to change who I am, so I'll still be the same piss drunk opinionated asshole who for some reason has a soft spot for newbies, that I've always been, just with a longer more harder remember and pronounce name.

Oh yea one last thing. It's Dygert, as in DIE yoGURT, DIE-GURT. It's totally fine if and when we meet that you butcher it horribly, it happens all the time and I will no doubt butcher your name too. If not by accident then on purpose just to be an ass =P

Love ya polycount, hugs and punches to the nuts!

For the last time,
Vig

Replies