Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Temple Hallway

Hey, hey.

Currently going to be working on a Buddhist-ish temple hallway. I'm trying to get as much re-use as possible out of the elements, so I've designed a bunch of wall panels to snap together.
Some really quick concepts:
Also trying to decide on what the door at the end will look like. Some ideas on the left-hand side... thoughts?
notes.jpg

So it should look something like this:
sketch.jpg

I'm definitely going to re-design that one ceiling/floor panel... its giving it more of a sci-fi feel. Going with mostly red and yellow/gold colors:

prayer_wheels.jpg

Replies

• Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I always like the classic dragon door. But it's kind of overdone that you should make a twist to it. What about...a sea serpent with whiskers for door handles.

Other than that, looks promising.
  • Addieo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see what you mean about the sci-fi feel to the floor/ceiling but I think if you were to model it correctly it wouldn't look like it appears now. Is it gonna be lit from the those lamps?

Got to agree with Habboi with the making it original part.
  • SarahFaber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi: I like it! Funny, I was actually planning to have the dragon's whiskers as the door handles. I'll see what I can do to originalize it.

Addieo: I was planning to light it using the lamps, but the more I look at them the more it looks like they where ordered from Sears. I was thinking of having open spots in the roof to have some natural daylight in. Still kinda no digging the floor/roof panels though, going to play around with some more designs.
  • Addieo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just mess about with the floor I'm sure it'll come to you eventually. As for the light, I always like a mixture of natural and man made, this will show off two different styles of technique and give your piece a bigger boost. Any thought of the condition of the scene?
  • SarahFaber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Condition I think will be clean, yet worn. Maybe thinking of going for the over-saturated look.

I've got one of the panels done:

square_pane.jpg
  • SarahFaber
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK... I TOTALLY left this thread in the dark...

This is what its looking like in the 3ds max viewport:
    Temple_Hallway_4.jpg

Here are the pieces:
    pieces_copy.jpg

And the texture maps:
    Textures.jpg