Home General Discussion

possible art theft

Replies

• crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    Wow, this thread keeps getting better and better.

I know the guys blaming the art team but how naive have you got to be. Alarm bells would be ringing straight away if high calibur artwork was getting turned in like that, especially on my non paying and no royalties project. If someone could paint as good as Dave Rapoza I would be thinking to myself why isnt he working in a studio and how come I havent heard of him before? And if it did check out I would get 3d artists that could do the concepts justice.

The whole project is poorly structured and they got a hell of a lot to learn about game development. The games direction is so vague and not seeing any worthwhile artwork thats not even seen an engine yet is worrying. The fake screenshot is the nail in the coffin though.

I cant believe they knew nothing was going on, unless they are all 16 year olds with illusions of grandeur. They have to be clueless to not see what was going on or they are just blaming a non existent art team to get out of it.
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin wrote: »
    This should be a game, first person shooter. Guy stopping art thievery in the games industry, powers up on popcorn and tears.

We should make a IndieDB page right now and Google image all our concept art.
    I'll be the "idea guy".

What, no way? I wanna be the idea guy... :(

Anyways, look at that... the project canceled development. lol

http://www.indiedb.com/games/werewolf-vampire-angel-or-demon/images/character-concept#imagebox
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Take a bet of who will be the strongest. Angel or Demon ? Werewolf or vampire ? This project will show you who is the strongest race ever known on planet earth. But to prove yourself worthy, you have to conquer each realm. The realm of vampires, werewolves, demons or angels. And become the ultimate beast. Each realm has their own story.

Backpacks_thrown.gif
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Clerly this boy put up a dart board, stuck loads of post-it notes with words on it, sat back and just let the good times roll...

At the very least we know Activision will pick him up.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    i wish I had photoshop skeels.
    :C
    I'm just glad I wasn't like that when I was young. At least I tried to make my own stuff and failed at it instead..
    If they are really 14, that is.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    DKK wrote: »
    haha, Werewolfs and Vampires are as polar opposite as Angels and Demons.

i'd want to be a lvl 90 angel vampire halfbreed warrior with full epic armor for sure :poly142:
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    i'd want to be a lvl 90 angel vampire halfbreed warrior with full epic armor for sure :poly142:

makes me want to play guildwars more as half nacro half monk :poly142:
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Cronyk Pendilum is a fused team between, Arc development, Cronyk arts, MRP and Blacklight studios.We all have one goal.Make games, from mods, indie projects to commercial games.The experience within the giant team is a range from beginners and in the future pro's."

hehe.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6