Home Unreal Engine

Auto Re-import textures

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
jocose polycounter lvl 11
Hi Everyone,

I can't for the life of me get the new Auto Re-Import textures feature that was added in the June UDK update working.

I tried adding the following to "UDKEditorUserSettings.ini"

Found in:
C:\UDK\UDK-2010-10\UDKGame\Config
[FileListener]
AdditionalFileListenerDirectories=C:\MYDROP~1\Work\personal\DeadSpaceScene\textures\
The path is valid (I can type it into the explorer bar and navigate there.)

I then enabled the setting under "View->Preferences->Auto-Reimport Textures."

After that I restarted only to find the code I added to my config file had been overwritten by UDK. I can't figure out any other place to put it. Has anyone else got this working?

I'm doing all this based off the information found here: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentBlog.html#Automatically%20re-import%20textures

Replies

• jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    Bump, has anyone tried to set this up? Seams like such a useful feature. Still wondering If anyone has tried it.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Hey Jocose, I use it and have it set up try making defaultEditorUserSettings.ini writable, and add it to that, the restart the editor.

If you edit the udkeditorusersettings, it shouldnt overwrite you ini... but try adding it to the default and see if that works.
  • Chai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chai polycounter lvl 17
    bit of necromancy here, but did you get it sorted out jocose ?
    I tried moose's suggestion, but the short pathname get converted to long ones in UdkEditorUserSettings.ini, which i guess screws things up ?