Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - PLAYER - Mike Yevin

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
Well I've been lurking around this area of the forum for a while now debating whether or not I would join. Now that I found out I will be house sitting for the next week, I figure now is the best time to try and bust out something for the competition.

I have to give some credit to MattQ86 for the inspiration, as I chose to work on Guy from Daft Punk. However, I fancy his new outfit just a tad better than the older one ;)

guy_daftpunktron-1.jpg

I'll update this thread later tonight with the start to my modeling and a proper reference sheet and or a sketch.

Good luck to everyone else who entered or is entering. I can't wait to see all the finished products.

Replies

• MattQ86
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 14
    Mike Yevin wrote: »
    Well I've been lurking around this area of the forum for a while now debating whether or not I would join. Now that I found out I will be house sitting for the next week, I figure now is the best time to try and bust out something for the competition.

I have to give some credit to MattQ86 for the inspiration, as I chose to work on Guy from Daft Punk.

Whoa, never thought I'd see those words together in that order in a sentence that wasn't sarcastic. Thanks.

I was going to make alternate textures for these dudes but this takes that pressure right off. Here's some reference I found for the white outfits:

Front
    Back

Looks like this outfit's the smarter choice. Everything's symmetrical meaning not only will it save UV space but I would have avoided a lot of hassle painting single lines across multiple UV shells.

Best of luck, I for one am looking forward to future updates.
  • Mike Yevin
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    I appreciate the kind words :) Thanks for the reference, surprisingly it's not that easy to find many pictures of either of their suits in full, other than the action figures.

I am in the process of modeling right now, didn't get a chance to last night, so hopefully I'll have something up in a couple hours.