Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - PLAYER - Zerogun

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Zerogun polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys. I just recently joined up on Polycount to join in on this contest, wanting to give my hand a go. I whipped up a body sketch and a model during class.

Very new, so I don't know how to drop images into my thread instead of making attachments.
5192216127_13eeefce04.jpg
5192216091_d6468f4e81.jpg

Replies

• Micah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micah polygon
    Hey mate welcome to polycount ;)
    the first thing i noticed when i looked at the model is how stiff it is, and the main reason is because of the refrence drawings you've made. Looking at the side view in your ref the body is baisicly completly sraite, when the body actully has alot of curves in it. Take a look at this picture i got off google and studie it abit and ajust your refs and model, because it will make the model look allot better.

foreshortening2.jpg&t=1
    Hope the pics big enough XD

keep up the work.
  • Zerogun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Micah. I recently did a redraw over my references and realized I was a bit off. I was trying for a more cartoonish style, but as i got the figures set up I realized I was off. I'm fixing up my model and will soon post pictures when I figure out how to drop images into my posts >.<
  • Zerogun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All right, so I adjusted the figure so he looks a lot more realistic. He has realistic curves now (I hope)
    5192922242_296a1ff5af.jpg
    5192922220_81729647f7.jpg
    5192922144_6a183b1245.jpg

If anything needs to be adjusted, draw overs are always welcome.
  • Micah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micah polygon
    The proportions are looking allot better man!, especialy from the side now you just need to fix some of the proportions in the front view such as the Larg legs and the main thing bringing your model down the hands other than that its good to go.
    Now im not an amazing artist but i did a lil paint over for you to show you some of the things i mentioned.
    crit.png
    Your hands at the moment are really flat and hands aren't naturaly flat, infact most of the body is made up of curvs so your unlikely to find anything on the body completely flat.
    To the left i drew a hand from the front view that would add to the shape of the model and in the process make the arms look natural.
    Now i drew the arms with the forearms angled towards the body because it helps (ME) see the shape of the arms better but this dosen't mean you have to change your arms its just a way to do them.

Hope this helps.
  • Zerogun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, life has completely got me off guard with this project. And now I feel I cannot fix it to my liking in time. Might have something to show work by Friday... might.