Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - PLAYER - antonkoz

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
antonkoz polycounter lvl 6
Hi all. I'm very exited to start my first Polycount lowpoly challenge, I couldn't pass up a shot at this one :) I'm a big TRON fan, should be great fun. For this one I will be doing a character I pulled from my imagination. She's a corrupt program/virus witch type character. Here is my pass at her mesh I put together last night, let me know if you have any comments or critiques. She's at 1024 tris and that square in her right hand will be a light disk, no UVs yet.

Thank you

Corrupta.jpg

Replies

• Micah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micah polygon
    Sounds cool man. Any concepts or refrences? I'd like to see what your aming for.
    keep up the work.
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Micah. I don't have any reference really just sort of trying out spontaneity for a change. But, to give you an idea, just try to imagine Quorra but corrupt like of these guys:

tron20.jpg

In any case here is my unwrap, let me know what you guys think.

CorruptaUVs.jpg

Thank you
  • Zerogun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zerogun polycounter lvl 9
    Oooh, I'm liking the wings. I'm curious as to see how you are going to texture them. If you need some more inspiration, I would suggest you check out Abraxas for the upcoming Tron Evolution game. H has that new movie style and corruption like in Tron 2.0 it looks like.File:TRONEVOLUTIONABRAXAS.jpg
    images%3Fq%3Dtron%2Bevolution%2BAbraxas%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.frontmotion:en-US:unofficial%26biw%3D1041%26bih%3D815%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=298&ei=hEnlTNHnKJagnAeokNznDQ&oei=e0nlTJDqGYf-nAfkhanxDA&esq=5&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=121&ty=40
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Zerogun for the great reference, that is more or less what I'm thinking. Here is a WIP of my texture, just done the head for now. Still some seams to fix and alphas to add but here it is, let me know what you all think.

Thank you

CorruptaWIP1.jpg
  • JonnyFiveAlive
    Wow Man!! That's looking really good.
    I'm loving the details, really popped out at me and caught my attention!
  • Zerogun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zerogun polycounter lvl 9
    Wow, I love the corruption on the mask. Looks sexy. I can't wait until you bring in some more images. The only thing I'm curious about is the flesh tones of the exposed mask. Everyone in the games and movies seems to have a less saturated skin tone. I was wondering if you're going to adjust the face for that? Then again I haven't seen the full image so it may be just fine.
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

@ JonnyFive: Thanks buddy, I'll try to keep the same quality for te rest of it :)

@ Zerogun: Thanks glad you like it. You have a good point, I will see how she looks after I texture the rest of her for sure.

Here is an update, did a little bit of work on the body. Let me know what you all think.

Thank you

CorruptaWIP2.jpg

CorruptaTexWIP1.jpg
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting anything for a long time. I was traveling around the south of Argentina for the last 2 weeks. But now I'm ack and luckly the deadline was extended, so I get to try again yay. Here's some progress, I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think.

CorruptaWIP3.jpg

CorruptaWIP4.jpg
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are my final submission shots. Hope you guys like what I came up with :)

Beauty:

HelenBeauty.jpg

InGame:

HelenInGame.jpg

Wire:

HelenWire.jpg