Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Calibretto Battle Chasers

Hey there guys,

I'm working on my first Character Model for a class project. And I decided to do Calibretto from the comic book Battle Chasers. I've got the model pretty much done, and will be unwrapping it today and tomorrow so I can start texturing. Just thought I would see what you guys thought.

Concept Page from Battle Chasers:
sanfordMichael_calbrettoConceptPage.jpg

Model from the Front:
calbrettoFront01.jpg

Model from the Side:
calbrettoSide01.jpg

Replies

• ninjatofu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think the silhouette is quite there yet. Everything about his arms right now is too straight. If you check your top right reference image, it looks like he's got a plate that sits where the bicep is. I'd play that up a bit and use armor to roughly go where muscle is to create a more interesting shape. In the front view especially, his arm just looks like tubes right now. You're also missing an elbow guard. His hands are looking pretty flat as well. You could add some mass to the knuckle guard as well as the back of his hand.

It would be nice to see a close up of his head since its so small
  • Silth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments ninjatofu, I think I've addressed some what you said and I'll try to throw some progress up later :)

Need to get to unwrapping to stay on schedule so unfortunantly I can't make to many modeling changes at the moment... I should've posted sooner. I'll know for next time.