Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - PLAYER - Timtendo

This is my first Challenge on Polycount and I am hoping to learn a lot by benefiting from the ridiculously deep well of knowledge this community is so very generous with. If this challenge goes well I will definitely be back for more.

Replies

• Timtendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is my concept for this particular tron player. He's more of a business man type.
    tron_sketch.jpg

I've done a little work on the Mesh and I think I'm ready to unwrap and start painting. I'm out of town for a week starting tomorrow and won't be back until the 22nd, so I hope to get alot done on it today.
    lowpoly_wires_front.jpg
  • Timtendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm so glad the deadline for this project got pushed back. I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish it. This is the sketch I've been working from:
    Tron_Lowpoly_Concept.jpg

Here is my model with Diffuse, Spec and Fullbright:
    [IMG]http:///nick.suskitech.com/Timtendo/images/Lowpoly_Tron.png[/IMG]
    And the wires:
    Lowpoly_Tron_Wires.png
    I hope to have it rigged in the next couple of days so I can pose it. I'll go back and tweak the diffuse after, I just really want to have a finished product. Let me know what you think.
  • Micah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Micah polygon
    This dosen't look to bad but you could make it look allot better than it is at the moment. The first problem i have with it is the feet... you need to change that to something like boots or something, because its making the rest of the model look as good. As for the rest of the model your wasting lots of tris (most obviouse place is the knee) and if your going to have the extra tris you might aswell use it to add more shape to the body because at the moment the model is just made of straight lines (lacks curvs) don't change the head though because it looks good.
    I'd do a lil paint over but my tablets acting a lil funky at the moment, so just look up on a little anatomy and im sure you'll be able to make this bad ass ;)
  • Timtendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback, Micah. I definitely see what you're saying about the overall silhouette and how uninteresting it is at the moment. I'm working on it here and there. This week has been ridiculous. I'll post an update tomorrow.
  • Timtendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only a few days left, bah. I think I've got him the way I want him and now I've just got to pose him. This is what I have at the moment.

Tron%20fronat%20and%20center.jpg

If anyone has any feedback on how best to pose a low poly character I am all ears.
    There are a lot of really amazing entries in this comp and I certainly learned a thing or two by participating. Thank you Polycount.
  • Arkhange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seams that you use Maya, so there is no really easiest way to pose your character.
    Just try to put a simple skeleton and skin it. Don't know if you are aware of this process but it could me more flexible than a vertices-by vertices posing.
    You have also the FullBody IK tool who allow you to make a quick Rig with all the sweet manipulator, it's pretty cool for posing.
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you want more details on those stuff ;)
  • Timtendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't it amazing how the holidays consume all your free time.
    The following is what I've managed to finish. I'm glad that I finished and I certainly learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Beauty%20Shot%20Final.jpg[IMG]http:///nick.suskitech.com/Timtendo/images/Tron Final/Mockup.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http:///nick.suskitech.com/Timtendo/images/Tron Final/Editor Final.jpg[/IMG]
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Good job man! Congrats on wrapping it up :D