Home Technical Talk

Changing multiple TCB values

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Mikael P. polycounter lvl 14
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone out there have any good scripts or the like to modify all the TCB values of selected biped objects in one go.
I have found a few old ones but I haven't got them all working with max 2010. The ones I've tested are called:
CStudioGlobalTCB
Controller Manager (By Lorne Brooks)
keyManager (ancient script by Michel Comet)

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You might want to try:

Biped Keyer
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/bipedkeyer-v1-4
    This will set the TCB values on any selected biped pieces provided they have a key on the current frame that the time slider is on.
    BipedKeyer_scr1.gif

Key Bip Control
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/keybip-controller
    This will do the same thing, but also has a batch feature.
    KeyBip-Control.jpg
  • Mikael P.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for your response! I had looked on scriptspot but had failed to find those two! Unfortunately I could not get any of them to work.

The Key Bip Control looks exactly like what I am after, but it can only set the TCB values while one bip object is selected. If there are two or more selected it complains with a "Select at least 1 bip object".
    It does set the TCB values correctly though, but it's still broken.

The other one, Biped Keyer complains about missing icons and refuses to start.

Do you per chance have the icons the Biped Keyer is using?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For Biped Keyer, I think if you drag and drop the mzp file into the max viewport it will install the files where they need to go but you have to restart 3dsmax for it to take effect. If it doesn't the .mzp file is just a renamed zip file so you can open it with anything that opens a zip file, extract the icons.

Jim Jagger also has some key biped scripts, Also Paul Hormis has a few too if I remember correctly.

For work I've had to write a few scripts that key biped pieces, convert planted keys to free keys, its a bit of a bitch to write from scratch, but I'll see if I can release some of the code, you could probably modify it to suit your needs.
  • Mikael P.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey again! Great tip about the mzp. I had no idea it was a zip in disguise. Once I had extracted everything manually I got the Biped Keyer working!
    I had dug around on both Jim's and Paul's sites but did not find exactly what I was looking for. But now reading the list on Jim's site I found some scripts that will take care of other wishes I've been having for some time now.

Once again, thanks for your assistance!