Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Navillus

Hey everyone, I'm a student of Game Art and Design at the Art Institute of Phoenix. This is my first major art project that I want to include in my Portfolio so... check it out
es1.jpg
es2.jpg
es3.jpg
es4.jpg
Obviously it needs some more love. I plan on cracking the moon in the sky to make the scene look more primordial, I need to define the far background more, and I'll probably add some more architectural stuff in the background as well. Crits are welcomed and appreciated

Replies

• Navillus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, but I figured I'd get back into it.

My current project is essentially a prototype and I'm doing a lot of experimentation with the material editor and Kismet. The idea behind the game is that you're a little child god with the power of creation. He's on a dying phantom world, and wherever the little god stands, the world turns real. So I got some material editor + kismet sequences goin on that does a player position based material swap. Check it

(Please ignore the Horrible blue shader over everything. It was a failed experiment). You can see a glowing radius around the playerwhere the blue becomes grass.
    MatSwap1.jpg
    The here you can see that architecture reacts to player position by producing glowy rune cards. (BTW gotta thank Ozzmeister for helping out with the kismet stuff)
    MatSwap2.jpg

As far as art goes, I've recently been focusing on the architectural components for my level and this is what I have so far. This is an area beneath my level.
    Cor_Update_4.jpg

More level shots to come. I'd love any ideas or suggestions to make this stuff cooler
  • Navillus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Because Pictures aren't enough to show off what I'm trying to do, here's a video of my level (Still pretty rough though). The area I'm showing off is just the underground part, so there'll be a lot cooler POIs than this one in the future
    https://vimeo.com/44964833
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i really love the simple and elegant art style youve got going there, keep going. also pretty smart idea, basically a game that even an artist can make pretty much by themself