Home Technical Talk

topogun license

Tried searching, couldnt find anything related to this.

I bought a single license of topogun. I know that you can activate on one machine, deactivate, and then activate on another machine. I plan on using this license at work and and home.

My question: is there a limit on how many times you can move the license from one machine to another? I don't want to go to work one day, activate it, then it tells me that Ive hit the limit and i cant move it to any other computer anymore.

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I was doing that before at my last studio. I never encountered a single issue where it told me I had X number of activations left. You're just basically returning the license back to the server, then obtaining it again on the other PC. It's actually a really good system.

The trick is remembering to return the license at the end of the day so you can use it at home, because it's a pain in the ass if your forget :P
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The trick is remembering to return the license at the end of the day so you can use it at home, because it's a pain in the ass if your forget :P
    I've run into that before. I install and use "LogMeIn" which is free web based remote connection software. You log into your work machine from home, export it, and then import it. I also suggest installing dropbox on both machines so you can transfer files back and forth. It's great for checking email or checking on an automated task over the weekend.

There are other ways to remote in on different OS's but that's the easiest way.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Still, 2-3 machine licenses are so much simpler, that's why in the end I opted for 3D-coat instead of Topogun, would have bought it otherwise.