Home Unreal Engine

Opening/Closing Door with Kismet

So I'm finally back to working on some levels after getting a few other classes out of the way. I spent the last day or so refreshing myself on getting skeletal meshes into UDK and getting the animations to play and as a result of my googlefuu, I now have the blast door in my level and opening properly.

Now my issue is that even when I used Kismet before, my experience was limited to me just dabbling. What I'm trying to do is have my blast door open when it's trigger is "used", which I've accomplished (not hard I know). Now I want to be able to use the same trigger again to reverse the animation and have the door close.

I've been looking for an answer but can't find exactly what I want. (Everything I find is either only similar, or I don't understand it enough to realize it's what I need to do.) Most of the potential solutions seem way more complicated then I feel this should be. This one:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=712472

seemed close but I want it to be triggered on "used" and not "touched", and at that point I could just adjust the properties of the trigger so it couldn't be used again for a few seconds to allow the door to finish it's animation, yes?

For now I just have the animation reversing after a few seconds, which honestly is probably better as far as gameplay goes. I would still like to know how to accomplish this for my own knowledge, however.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Well, you certainly don't get to the point, so I'll give some examples that may be what you're asking...

You could use a SWITCH between the used trigger and matinee for opening the door that plays the reverse. You can delay that trigger if you want, but don't have to if you want to close and open the door halfway a bunch for the fun of it.

Other option could be used trigger to play the matinee of the door opening. Then use a trigger volume of the area around that door to reverse the matinee on untouched. This would act like the door to a business that you open, but it closes back automatically.
  • Mcbiskit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I apologize for not being clear with my post, it made sense when I wrote it but reading it over now, not so much. You did, however, give me just the answer I needed with the Switch. I now have a single use trigger opening the door if it's closed, and closing the door if it's open. Many thanks.