[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utu-YoqRdLI[/ame]
step9a.png
Please comment

Replies

• BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    Did you take course in the same school as TNO ?
  • lampekap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kitano wat maskes u think that?
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    I didn´t realy understand what you want to do...
    The whole animation looks too quick. I feel like those fishes are late for a important meeting... :P
    The ground is too clean and also the intersection where those plants meet the floor is too well defined. If it is for a game, that is fine due to the system requirements, but for a short film it could be improved.
  • gredgie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gredgie polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, the animation feels really quick.
    I don't know a great deal about marine plant-life but, I can't imagine a plant would make that many bubbles?

I think what's the "killer" of it, is the fact you can clearly visualize the path of the fish and that the bubbles repeat. It shatters the illusion of it being an animation.

I mean, whilst I imagine the sea and it's currents work in a way similar to how air itself works (birds utilizing the pockets of warm air so they can gain altitude), I'd imagine that the transition interferes a little with the fishes movement. Which I'd imagine in animation lingo is adding some "weight" to the fish.

Also, whilst I pondered if bubbles actually create shadow (which, if they did I'd imagine given their translucency, would be very opaque shadows, if that's the word), I noticed when the camera pans, the bubble shadows suggest the bubbles change direction too.

Either way, it's a good start :), just give it some tightening and it'll look swish I'm sure.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep seems way too fast for plant life in the ocean, it just seems like everything is hyper ventilating. There's a constant stream of bubbles being emitted and its hard to see if its timed to the pulse or not.

It reminds me of Benny Washam's ( old Disney animator) 12 frame yawn.
    Ken Harris Interview
    It's like Benny Washam's 12-frame yawn.

When you first start out animating something, it takes so long to make those drawings that you think, "Gee, whizz, this will take up a lot of screen time. It's taken me half a day to make 12 drawings, and that must make a long, slow yawn." Well, half a second for a yawn isn't very long, is it? It just takes experience in timing, and doing things, and tapping it out with a pencil - beating it out per foot, 'till you get to know.
    You need to work on your timing and anticipation. Set your timing to that of the ocean. A lot of plants get their rhythm from the waves and current.

You need to work in some anticipation between each breath, have it draw in some water, hold onto it, then release some bubbles.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sure you're going for a cartoony look and I don't want to be the aquatic version of a gun nut but here's some good reference on a cool moving coral: Pulsing Xenia
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFIOfkocv0[/ame]

Most coral don't move that fast but soft body corals do get blown around in the current.
  • patricia3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Many Many Thanks for commnets.
    Its all for a children cartoon story where every thing is imaginary. Thanks for some suggesions.

@Justin_Meisse
    Many Many Thanks for above vedio. Its good reference for Underwater.
  • patricia3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some New Changes
    Underwater 3D Animated Environment, Underwater 3D Animation.
    Underwater Lights. Semi Transparent Coral Animation. Underwater caustic Light. Underwater Environment is almost ready. Now I will put some Fishes and Other water animals to go ahead with my under development cartoon story.
    Watch 23 Sec Animation here

http://www.vimeo.com/17154709

step77ii.jpg