Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

TRON - SCENE - Sharvo

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
Sharvo keyframe
Well, lets get this ball rolling i will be creating a scene, i will be using a concept from the new tron film.

I have never done a low poly challenge like this or limit myself in my texture usage so i hope i learn a lot from this, which can be taken into other pieces of my work.

The concept is the one below, with my initial modeling for it as well ifyou see anything that bothers you already let me know. look forward to seeing other entries, gd luck all!

zz6850a74f.jpg

screenshot.png

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I love your pick, some things that come to mind:
    • You might need to intersect the model later to repeat textures (looping) if you don't want to waste to much texture space.
    • could be a cool idea to make a small looping animation once its all textured and done, with a cycling random stuttering camera so that it appears alive but not really moving off from the spot so you can have a nice looping animation.
    • for testing purposes you could apply a camera map projection and reverse render the camera projection into the later final texture space (UV space) to use the final concept art as template for the textures, or to simply preview a quick textured model from a different angle