Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Older black male head bust .W.I.P

Ckretone
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ckretone polycounter lvl 17
I started messing with mudbox a few weeks ago, and heres what i came up with so far, feel free to tear it apart :)
Zon_1.jpg
Zon_2.jpg
Zon_3.jpg

Replies

• sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    Put "[IMG][/IMG]" around your links and they will show in your post.

I'm not really a character guy, but the lips and ears look kinda strange. Otherwise it looks good (:

Are you planing to do a lowpoly?
  • Bon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bon
    sltrOlsson may be onto something, there is something about the lips, I am not hot on anatomy but from a glance it isn't right, the ears may have lost some form inside, not much. The upper eyelids don't feel right. Other than that good woek :)
  • Ckretone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckretone polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the crits thus far...ok so i'm gonna take a look at some more anatomy..i'm not a character artist yet, but i'm working on building my skills. This started out as a doodle just to get me familiar with mudbox, i modeled this image out of my head....I think i need more practice :) I'm started working on the hands and i'll have some updates soon.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I think he's a bit lumpy still. Its a common problem for folks just starting out with sculpting.

I think you've rushed into your small details a bit. You should take it back a couple subdivisions and work out your proportions and larger forms a bit better, then go back and check/rework your details.

Use plenty of references. Post your references so we know what your target is and can give you better feedback on how to achieve it.

Good luck, keep at it!