Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first high poly character

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Neelem polycounter lvl 7
hi guys this my first post been looking around the forum for some time now and deceided to post my new project here to maybe get some feed back concept art is by a friend of mine we kinda designed it together.

im going to do the whole process (model, sclupt, bake, texture) for the first time normaly i get demotivated but I think that wont happen this time. :)

here is conceptart:
2mg2viu.jpg

the hands are just gonna be parrot claws so he didnt bother drawing them same goes for the head ill just use real life references. The egyption signs are gonna be removed.

Replies

• Neelem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neelem polycounter lvl 7
    this is how far i am with the model now, lower body is just stand-in.
    Im practising with Zbrush now so i can sculpt him later on.

inprogressq.jpg

is this the right way to post the wires?
  • Neelem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neelem polycounter lvl 7
    well not a big update but was on break for a while and hope to get some feedback

voorbeeld2t.jpg

im currently modeling hardsurface style is that bad if your gonna zbursh?

voorbeeld3.jpg

1 gonna put some lock on his chest was thinking about giving him some sort of door hinge
    2 the cross is very boring atm gonna make new one fast
    3 upper amrs boring as crap think im gonna put some sort of black cloth be wrapped around it but also offcourse the feathers like in the concept
    4 back is bit boring even with the metal wings stuff so ill have concept update for that soon

well let me know what you think :D
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    i'd rethink the arm socket/shoulder bit, it's making it look like a robot.
    sculpting the hard surface stuff... depends on what you're wanting to do, light scratches and wear and tear would be simpler in photoshop

and those eyes are fucking creepy
  • re.wind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you need to keep those eye cylinders. They're absolutely unique and freaky.
  • Neelem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neelem polycounter lvl 7
    well after some cpmments of my friends they said that it looks like the cylinders are eyes but the concept is a metal cylinder through the eyesockets :P

hope you guys saw it like that :poly122:

and yea the shoulders are bugging me for some time now guess ill have too think of somehting new so much work to be done :poly141:
  • Neelem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neelem polycounter lvl 7
    didnt do much about this one for a while but decided to continue

oke the concept changed some but i really like it better this way tonight im going to work on the back details

debaas.jpg

did some work on it

baaszover.png

my plan was to make the budy hardsurface and bake it the arms and head and belly in zbrush

classmate will show me how to do the bottem cloth with physics

if anyone has any tips im glad to hear it
  • MoreDread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazy concept!
    the fingers are too straight.. you should curve them a little to make them seem more organic.
    i'd say the arms are a lil too long.. he can almost grab his knees. tho it kinda makes him look creepy.. might not actually be a bad thing.
    the shoulders shouldn't extend down so much into the upper arm. at least the inside where it connects to the armpit needs to be raised quite a bit
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking great I really like that concept. Right now you're more at a mid poly level but I suspect that's because your still working on locking in the proportions and refining the concept?
    MoreDread wrote: »
    crazy concept!
    the fingers are too straight.. you should curve them a little to make them seem more organic.
    ...and harder to rig up. Sometimes its best if modelers leave the posing up to the animators.