Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Assassin's Creed - Spanish Environment WIP (image heavy)

Hey all,

I've been checking out the site for a while and I'm really excited to start posting here in the forums.

I was really inspired by the artwork of Assassin's Creed 2 and I wanted to make a environment using Spanish architecture and setting.

For the most the part, I've blocked it out with both high and low poly placeholders. Right now the lighting and terrain, is just for testing purposes. I'm also in the process of adding more grime and depth to the bricks via Philip K's brick tutorial (black and white brick section).

Hopefully I haven't stared at this project for too long. :poly142: Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

estella_cloister_56a.jpg

estella_cloister_54a.jpg

estella_cloister_55a.jpg

estella_cloister_53a.jpg

estella_cloister_52a.jpg

estella_cloister_51a.jpg

estella_cloister_50a.jpg

estella_cloister_48.jpg

estella_cloister_49a.jpg

Replies

• tkkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last night I started to blockout the surrounding area with buildings, trees, bushes and a mountain in the background.

estella_cloister_60.jpg

estella_cloister_57.jpg

estella_cloister_59.jpg
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    A few thing i thougt about..
    • The brick texture is of in scale, i would take it down a bit. Makes everything look small otherwise (:
    • I think you should put some support edges on your corners of the house. Looks way to sharp.
    • As you mentioned, some grime. Maybe put a second texture that tiles with your brick texture with some grime and dirt at the bottom?

And eh, Assasin's Creed plays in Italy ;) Maybe one of his distant travels? :P

I guess it's rendered in Mental ray our something like that hu? I think you should consider puting it into UDK/Cryengine2/Unity or even Marmoset - easy to get your head around quick.

Welcome to PC! Looking forward for some updates! (:
  • tkkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been working on this off and on over the past month. Right now I'm concentrating on the courtyard area then I planned on moving back to the front entrance area. Kind of wished I started this project in UDK but I'll stick with the Gamebryo Asset Viewer until I am finished. Too bad Emergent / Gamebryo went under.

The main piece I'm working on now is the stained glass window. I made it with a combination of geometry, xnormal, and photoshop. I am still deciding on the rest of the color pattern for it. I know when its all done I'll probably desaturate it and add a blue layer to make it look more like thick colored glass.

After I finish the stained glass window, I really want to tackle are the trees or the hallway sitting areas. I'll probably add some SpeedTree trees instead of the current placeholders.

estella_cloister_83a.jpg

estella_cloister_82a.jpg

estella_cloister_81a.jpg

estella_cloister_80a.jpg

estella_cloister_79a.jpg

estella_cloister_84a.jpg