Home Technical Talk

Blender question

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
20. wheen i scrool my mouse wheel it zooms way to fast, is it possible to change the speed for this ?

21. when use shift and right click on stuff more than half of the time it doesnt select what i want, is it just
me or are blender not updated yet ?

22. Is there any proper cut tool? . i mean what is this crap ?, Does someone have an script or plugin that works better

Replies

• SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    20. wheen i scrool my mouse wheel it zooms way to fast, is it possible to change the speed for this ?

if i remember correct you can also zoom with ctrl + middlemouse, just hold and drag

21. when use shift and right click on stuff more than half of the time it doesnt select what i want, is it just

what exactly do you mean ?blender is always trying to select the nearest thing to your click point, maybe you dont see anything happening but blender is selecting some verts on the backside of the object

22. Is there any proper cut tool? . i mean what is this crap ?, Does someone have an script or plugin that works better

last time i checked the cut tool was pretty crappy, dont know if anything changed there in the last few weeks, but i guess you have to work around that.
  • CasperNilsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    20. You can't change the scrollspeed inside Blender, but you can zoom by using +/-
    ctrl+MMB, you can have dolly, scale and continue zoom style. I recommend to use continue zoom all the time, in the long run you will save time by using it.
    Shift+B for border zoom.
    Shift +F for flynavigation then click to apply.
    Personally I never had a problem with the scrollspeed, if its way to fast, maybe its a mouse config outside Blender? Or maybe you can search for a 3th party solution. I heard that Mac users often have problem with the default scrollspeed in Blender. if you use some weird shit gaming mouse, then check the drivers for your mouse.

21. Only you, I never ever pick wrong in Blender. it selects the closest thing to your click. Learn how it works by study your clicks, loop selects etc.
    You can limit the selection to only visible if you want. and use z to select the non visible stuff.

22. k+LMB, Shift+k+LMB for middlecut sucks right now i 2.5x same as having something selected and use w>subdive, and was not the best around in 2.4x either.
    Then you have the loopcut on ctrl+r, scroll for more cuts. In 2.4x you could do smooth loopcut by pressing S after ctrl+r, I guess it will be added in the future somehow. Remember that Blender 2.5 is under heavy development, alot of basic tools may not be ready yet.

If you want to split an existing topology you can select the part you want to seperate and press p to make a new object from the selection. Or you can select the edge where the cut will be and add a "Mark sharp" by clicking ctrl+E.
    Then add a EdgeSpit modifier. and apply, the mesh will be splitted but still be in the same object.
    You can also use a boolean modifier to use another object as the cut tool. To bad it sometimes create alot of messy trash topology to clean up.
  • Lamoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamoot polycounter lvl 7

No idea, most of the time it selects what I wanted to select.

This crap is what you've got available. If you're using 2.5, then the mesh system is one of those things in need of some more coding love. No idea about scripts, perhaps at http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/11-Python-amp-Plugins ?
  • jimpaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jimpaw polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks alot guys for the answers !