Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Helldoc render

Done!
I've completed the work started long time ago.
Zbrush 4.0 and Photoshop Modeling, Rendering, Texturing.
helldocrendernew.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    OH MY! thats awesome! ive always wanted to do some sort of an evil doctor like that! it came out great!
  • Priske415
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very impressive work, although, you may want to work on your English.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha Priske, wtf?!

Anway:

Cool stuff. Overall I like it but theres just some things that annoy me.

Your shading is holding this up imo. The hand looks weird(it might just be the angle, if so you should change the angle imo)

also, I love sss as much as the next guy, but I think there might be too much of it going on here. It is having two effects that are bad:

1)It looks like his skin is made of somekind of hollow rubber, rather than skin with flesh, blood and bone underneath

2)it seems like some objects arent shadowing over each other. As in, it looks like the light is passing through his body and back lighting the tools on his belt for example.

But again, I like it - fixing those things would just make it so much better imo - but I agree with you, this could easily go as "finished" :)
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Yay, about time for a new banner.
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    I love it, but the blood splatters seam pretty uniform in size and value. Might want to make some more faint, and vary the size. Also the placement of them forms a pretty strong gesture line in your composition there.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    This Looks fantastic! Great job Pomi!!

1crit>His bald head looks plain, and has an unfinished appearance.. Maybe some 'age spots' or stuble up there might help to make it look more complete

Personally, I'd love to see tuffs of hair sticking out from the side of his head, and from his nose to complement those thick eyebrows :)
  • StealthSilver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He injects the stuff that makes sci-fi corridor bits glowy.
  • mrturtlepaste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really cool character design! All the materials are coming across really well except for the skin. To me it is reading as a younger person's skin, but at the same time you have sculpted lots of wrinkles on it giving him an older, more worn, appearance. The two ideas seem to be contrasting. Looks great otherwise!