Home Technical Talk

3DS Max x32 not install in Win7 X64

Hey mates im having trouble installing 3ds max 2010 X32 in Win7 X64. I tried installing it on my friends PC and it installed no problem but on mine it will not install why is that? our PC`s are identical same Motherboard and all even same OS System but it will not work on mine. this is the error i get:

whyf.jpg

(i just installed Win7 today so am still doing update don't know if that has anything to do with anything? even BitDefender x32 bit will not install on my PC haven't tried on my friends though)

Replies

• System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Aside from your problems, why on Earth would you try to install a 32bit application on a 64bit system? Do you realise that you are limiting your potential to create/manage more complex scenes and have faster calculations?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    Maybe because Autodesk doesn't public trial setups of 64 bit versions?

My company purchased a License but it was a pain in the ass at first to get my hands on a 64 bit setup download, their downloads even have a expiry date if you buy it, so its up to you to download everything you can get your hands on, even if it means you don't have a 64 bit os at the time of when you buy it.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    @renderhjs That might be true but in this case 3ds max 2010 is in question, seeing as 2011 is the current max trial you can be sure that 2010 has a x64 version.

Edit@ dustinbrown No, that's not necessary, you only ever need to install the x64 version if the program and o/s are truly 64bit! There's something else wrong here (o/s problems?) seeing as it's not just related to an individual program. Might be a good idea to check updates for .net framework x32/x64 as this library is required to run some x64 programs and also some x32 multi-threaded applications.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey all i found out that it was my Updates because i had just installed Win7 yesterday and i had not finished doing the updates today i tried and it installed with no problems.
    "@GCMP: yeah you are right i will see if i can get a 64Bit 3Ds max.

Thanks all, lucky only Photoshop is 64Bit lol now need to get everything else 64 :(