Home Technical Talk

Create instances from a XRef/Container?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
omid3098 polycounter lvl 13
after I inserted an xref file (using drag) into scene, I want to make some instances from that file using shift+drag. but it only makes instance from root dummy of xref.

I tried to insert xref from application menu, as I need to control all imported instances by one object(such as a dummy) so using "xref objects" is not what I want and by using "xref scene" will not let me to select imported xref models. (if I bind it to an object, it will be like that case I dragged xref into scene)

also checked xref controller (in motion pannel) but could not understand what it supposed to do!

then I went for containers! I can simply create instances from a container by Shift+move. again but!
I want to access all instances using script and I have to find which models are instance. so using:
areNodesInstances node1 node2
it will say me that they are not instances and each one is a separate model! (I don't know if this is a bug or not)

now for collecting my question I should ask:
what is the way to use external files into a scene and create several instances from that external files?