Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Nefes

Hello, fellows!

I've desided to become a concept artist or 3d modeller - all this looks very interesting to me. I have too late figure out that i really do want to create concepts and models (right after i finish univercity), but still i believe that there is a chance.

Here is some first scratches and doodles i did for about a month or two or so. These are mostly fanarts or draws from photos/real life, i hope its allowed. Need some base before i can create own creatures and environments. Meanwhile, i will read A. Loomis and Betty Edwarts, maybe it will help.

midnight_sea.png

balddick.jpg

brutal.jpg

nyaka.png

mandalorian.png

kote.jpg

gungirl-2.png

fight.jpg

And few animations

anm1.gif

anm3.gif

anm4.gif

Thats all i got for now.
Crits, advises are very welcome.

ps. and sorry for my english

Replies

• Veneficus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, welcome to polycount:)

If you're just starting out, seems you have a good understanding of the technical aspects. You just need to learn more about anatomy, color and composition.

One easy fix is your last animation. Notice how the same arm and leg is moving forward at the same time. This is just wrong. Opposite hand and arm moves forward and back at the same time. Fix this and you will see great imrpovement.
  • nefes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Veneficus wrote: »
    One easy fix is your last animation. Notice how the same arm and leg is moving forward at the same time. This is just wrong. Opposite hand and arm moves forward and back at the same time. Fix this and you will see great imrpovement.

Thanks for the reply.
    Its a huge bug, thank you. That is why this animation looks really "woody".

About anatomy,color and composition - i'll do my best. A.Loomis and others will help me, i hope :)

One more thing, i'd like to ask. Is it ok that im trying to learn drawing and modelling in the same time? Both are complicated, maybe i should focus only on drawing or modelling?
  • Veneficus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I think you should learn both at the same time, because your modelling will help with your drawing and your drawing will help with your modelling. Also, modelling isn't nearly as hard a subject as drawing. To learn to model, you need to learn a lot of technical things, that once you know, you can say that you know how to model. Drawing is something you never master, you just keep constantly developing it.

That's my opinion anyway:)
  • nefes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few more

rnd0.jpg

bl.jpg

grl.jpg

rnd.jpg

Faces are especially difficult for me :(
  • nefes
    Options