Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Zbrush Head scuplt!! W.I.P

hey guys just started sculpting a head today and decided to get some feed back
atm i am not trying to get anatomy right just wanted a quick test so let me know what you think
ei7032p0r1txn2vjw5f.jpg

83vla7zp18zjjy509q49.jpg

473ot7cz3iffpcsvnl9m.jpg

Replies

• areve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a nice start!
    I would suggest to look at some reference, preferable one on the same person, if you're not already doing that.
    Otherwise I would take an other look at the mouth. the mouth looks a bit like a ducks beak, the corners of the lips should be more together if you get me? :)
    One thing you can think of is that the eyes should be in the middle of the head, so a bit more upper head? would do him good
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    Just my take on how you could switch up the proportions to make it a little more convincing.

feedbacko.jpg
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok here is an update let me know what you guys think :D let the hard C&C come i wanna make this a portfolio piece :D

peoj77gapzpny4k5ypzf.jpg

phfgroycytev3ytzs4q.jpg
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    I would suggest you hold off on making portfolio pieces for your first few sculpts and concentrate on learning the tools and how to best make them do what you want. Right now as this stands, it isn't really anything. It appears as though you are just making a head from memory, instead of trying to replicate one that exists or combination of references.

The first thing i would work on, as far technique is concerned, is the blobbyness. There is plenty of tutorials on how to make a good face. I suggest watching some of them to see how people use the lower subdivisions to actually define the primary shapes of the face. Because right now it looks like you just subdivided it a bunch of times and started to doodle.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    You are putting small details in before you have the forms correct. Don't even bother with wrinkles until it looks good at a low subdivision level. You need a lot less polys than you think to get a head looking right.

Try take a screen shot of your face and overlaying it on top of a photo reference. You should be able to spot the differences pretty easy
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i have made a few adjustments to the face looks nothing like it. let me know what you think (no Wrinkles)
    zzb5vq6z2v6w7rzzszxd.jpg

iz01d4nctkxqasgovoj1.jpg
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is a small update let me know what you guys think :D

aksyeuqcadhql1clt1b5.jpg
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Cool, you can see significant progress in every update, keet it up.