Home Technical Talk

Zbrush: Subtool Zprojection Brush with Hidden Subtool.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I have two meshes in the same spot. Attempting to grab SOME of the detail from one of the meshes to put on top of the other. The ZProject tool seems to require both models to be active to use. Unfortunately since both these tools are in the same spot. I cant tell what I'm doing.

Is there a way to have the "clone" layer visually hidden and only have the target level viewable? As per then I can visualize a much smoother integration of these two meshes when using the brush.

Replies

• artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    I have had to deal with a similar situation, my work around ended up being to store a morph target, Z project all the detail and then use the morph brush on low opacity to reach the desired result.

Hopefully that helps.

cheers~
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    artquest wrote: »
    I have had to deal with a similar situation, my work around ended up being to store a morph target, Z project all the detail and then use the morph brush on low opacity to reach the desired result.

Hopefully that helps.

cheers~

Does morph targets store polypaint as well? Or just the bump surface?

Edit: How did you do this? I can only store one subtools as a morph target and when choosing the other subtool the morph is no longer stored (i.e. its independent per level).

Edit:Edit. Ok I see what you did and to answer my own question. No. It does not store the color. What other options do I have?

Dustin unfortunately that did nothing apparent.
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Hrmm you might be out of luck on the poly paint data... theoretically you could store your original poly paint data as a texture file, zproject the full color data and then adjust your rgp intensity slider and flood the object with the texture to poly paint option. I don't know if that will get you the result you are looking for or not though.