Home Unreal Engine

Cloth Help

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
jocose polycounter lvl 11
I'm trying to get a basic bit of cloth to work. I added a cloth bone, and weighted all my verts to it that I wanted to be simulated and then weighted all the other verts to a "rigid" bone and imported it.

• The bones and the weights import correctly.
  • I add my "cloth" bone to the cloth bone list, and then I click on the little red flag icon to start cloth simulation and nothing happens.
  • Unreal outputs: "Cloth Verts:81 (9 Fixed)" Which is consistent to how my bones and bit of cloth are weighted.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The sim just wont turn on. I hit play at the bottom of the window to add in some winding but nothing moves.

If anyone has any ideas on what I'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    Never mind some how I missed that I had to check "forced cpu skinning" on. Sorry for clogging up the forum with this crap. Maybe that will help someone else :P

Actually, I'm also wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the wind strength for the cloth. The wind actor appears to only be for foliage, and while the wind direction vector in the actor itself does work I can't control the wind strength....