Home Technical Talk

Maya Vector and Exporting as AI.

Hello all, I am new to this forum and this is my first post :). So my question is, has anyone else had problems exporting as an ai. file with Maya's vector render? For some reason whenever I try and save an image with Maya's vector render I cannot save it as an ai. file, which I should be able to.

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have any experience with this, but the first link off a google google search looked helpful.

When you try to save as an .ai, what happens instead? Do you get an error in the status window? (Personally, I'm betting that wild badgers emerge and bite your hand when you're about to click save, but I'll hold off on *that* solution until more info arrives.)
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    EPS will open in Illustrator just fine. It's all about your vector settings in the vector render. Haven't used it in some time, but if you mess with the stroke settings and color settings, you'll be able to get the actual vectors into Illustrator. Sometimes a DXF or DWG will work, but again, if you are working in Illustrator, they don't typically like DXF files. Lots of conversion issues.
  • Treacharous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input guys, I have tried quite a few different settings and what not , but the problem is whenever it renders it switches the render settings to .iff format. I can see it switch to .iff in maya render output as well. :S. The way I fixed it is by using 3ds Max and Swift 3d instead.. lol