Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jeremy Minor

JeremyRM
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JeremyRM polycounter lvl 8
I'm totally open to critiques so feel free to say whatever is on your mind.

environment sketch I did, this one I will go back and color also beef up the values I had to rush it.
light_years.jpg

photoshop character concept I was working on.
Female.jpg

This one was pastel
glory.jpg

another character concept (yeah his hair looks like wolverine haha. I actually referenced hugh when I was working on the face. I'm going to be doing some drawings tonight to really explore it more and make it less like wolverine.
imre.jpg

some sketches of characters I plan on modeling. I'm going to to some nicer paintings and a final render of each. I usually go in and work out proportions then, these are more just quick concept ideas. I wanted the style in clothing to be similar as they are from the same city-state.
7x20_character_line.jpg

World of warcraft felhound. I had started a post awhile back mentioning I planned to do him. I'm still going to do a low poly and pose him when I get some time.
Felhound.jpg

This guy I've shown before just wanted it in my sketchbook.
The_General.jpg

environment idea
zombie.jpg

Replies

• JeremyRM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh here is a wip of a self portrait, still trying to figure out the best way to handle the hair.

screen cap is from maya viewport 2.0.

self_port.jpg
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa damn. Those pencil/pastel drawings are freakin' awesome. Your texturing work is real solid, as well. As far as your digital illustrations go, as lighting studies and showing a general feel, your environments are great. I'd love to see them taken to the next level. As far as your character digital paint goes, it could really benefit from the same attention to detail that you put in your traditional work. The materials feel largely homogeneous, and the tones your picked for his flesh are a little strange, especially around the entry points for the wires. I dig the overall style you've got for those character designs, and I'll have to follow your work more, it's good stuff.
  • JeremyRM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Der and I agree with everything you said about the digital painting. I think my main problem with that piece is exactly what you mentioned, I hadn't really figured out materials and it is really hurting it. I'm working on some new sketches now for it. I definitely want to get in there and make it a more solid piece before I begin any modeling.
  • JeremyRM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    few practice sculpts and some illustrations I'm working on.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

q5.jpg