Home General Discussion

Diamond-Dan (Indiegame)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
charger polycounter lvl 18
Long time since I posted, but I guess I finally have something to show.

We at Grendel-Games have been working hard on the release of Diamond-Dan and finally it is on Steam. I am proud of our little achievement :).

I have worked on the main characters and some of the traps in the game. Also did a bit of art-direction. Anyways, let me know what you think!

http://www.diamond-dan.com

Game info:
Dragged into Archeology by his uncle, Dan decides to take matters into his own hands. He discovers ancient temples with long lost treasures and menacing traps. Dan follows the clues found in the temples which leads him on a trip across the world, bringing him ever closer to making a sensational discovery. You will help Dan navigate past the traps, collect treasure and reach the bottom of the temples where Dan can find the treasure map that leads him further on his journey.
Key features:

* Addictive casual platform game with a twist!
* Make your way down the towers of treasure collecting Gems and gold!
* Avoid the deadly pitfalls and traps in randomly generated levels!
* Choose Diamond Dan or Diamond Ann and use their unique bonus moves!
* Travel the world and discover 4 unique themes: Inca/Gothic/Persian and a secret location!
* Polished gameplay and high production values!

58210_145722038797144_143703155665699_217438_6970966_n.jpg

59378_145721788797169_143703155665699_217435_2670621_n.jpg

Replies

• Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    This looks quite fun, i shall check this out once i am home!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hey man, looks awesome! nice concept :)

what's the process like getting a game onto steam? how long did it take you to get it on there?
    gonna grab the demo now
  • charger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @rooster:
    Well basically you just make a demo and if its good enough you will get a reply. For us it was also our boss who has a lot of contacts (that often helps as well). So when you get your space on steam its up to you to get your stuff done. Getting the achievements and leader-boards in was easy (even though our 2d artist had small hart attack when he heard that we needed 65 icons :) ). But steam is pretty clear about their stuff, so basically you just follow their guidelines.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    thanks man. i've seen some games without the achievements stuff- is that mandatory, or just preferred?

I liked the demo- I'm not very good at it tho :D I kept being careless and falling in those water traps. Are the levels in the demo the first few, or picked from throughout the game?
  • charger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it's preferred. We did not have achievements at first, but it is popular. Some achievements are just for fun and some actually tell something. Like some of our achievements will let your know about the multiplier that's in the game and that you can use it to get better scores. So not all of them are for fun.

They are the first few levels, later on you get different towers with more/different traps.

Actually you do die a lot when you first play it. We hope it does not scare people away :S. Maybe it is an idea for us to post some in-game footage and show people how fast the game can be. But you have to recognize the blocks, and then as poopinmymouth said: it gets better :)