Home Technical Talk

rendering prob 3ds max

Hey i didnt know where this belonged(if anywhere) i have only blocked the model in atm but i am having a problem when i render the image.

5075190663_114b901454.jpgerror by Noxain, on Flickr

as you can see the cylinders on the left appear as if they have a line down the middle as if there are 2 of them. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to rectify this. i am using mental ray renderer.

thanks in advance and sorry if this doesnt belong here.

Noxain

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's kind of hard to see, I think you're talking about the long thin pipe running the length of the wall? It looks like it might be a smoothing error?

Is the object unwrapped with a texture applied? It could be insufficient edge padding.

It can also be render settings, if you remove the lights and drop it back to scanline does the problem still pop up?
  • nezach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure which pipe you are referring to. The line on the pipe Vig pointed out looks like it could also be a reflection. Are you using one of the Arch and Design shader presets?
  • Noxain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, sorry i work alot and so havent had time to check this thread. this is the section i am refering to

5083918462_2a9d64996d.jpg
    error2 by Noxain, on Flickr

5083935354_9cacb28574.jpg
    error3 by Noxain, on Flickr

this is just a simple cylider with just a standard material attatched to it.