Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weapon: RK62 WIP

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ukkis polycounter lvl 9
Hello everybody this here is my first post to polycount.
I want to show some renders of my current project. Its a very wip highpoly model of the finnish assault rifle RK-62.
Someday when I finally am happy with the HP model im planning to create a LP version of it and bake normals and maybe try to import it to some game engine as a fps weapon once its textured and all.
It has really taken me a lifetime already to get it to this point : P

Since this is the first time Im doing this kind of highpoly modeling stuff I'd like to have some feedback. Doesnt matter if its positive or negative :)

BTW: I found this tutorial extremely useful. http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autodesk-3ds-max/next-gen-weapon-creation-day-1-the-high-poly-model/

rjo66v.jpg

i1xxr7.jpg

ejv7fs.jpg

Replies

• GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Wow, a Valmet! Those are rarer than hens teeth in real life, much less the game world... And you even got the funky spade-handle stock right. I want to see where this goes.
  • ukkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ukkis polycounter lvl 9
    GarageBay9 Wow, a Valmet! Those are rarer than hens teeth in real life, much less the game world... And you even got the funky spade-handle stock right. I want to see where this goes.

Thx :poly121: there isnt really much photos of this rifle in the internet but luckily I have had some personal experience with it in the army so that compensates the lack of reference a little bit.

And yeah unfortunately the RK isnt really much seen in games :( must be because of the AK-47 which is in pretty much every shooter game there is. And nobody wants to have 2 almost similar weapons in one game
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lots of inaccuracies and some parts look like blobs of metal. The gun has a lot of hard edges [like most guns]. Looks about 1/4 th done. And there are many references! Pixagogo is a great place, start there.
  • Av7xrocker97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The handle's edges also look really sharp and a bit uncomfortable to hold. Smoothing those out though really seems like the only thing you have to do.
  • ukkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ukkis polycounter lvl 9
    n88tr lots of inaccuracies and some parts look like blobs of metal. The gun has a lot of hard edges [like most guns]. Looks about 1/4 th done. And there are many references! Pixagogo is a great place, start there.

Thanks for your critique. There are some inaccuracies I agree. And yep it could use some harder edges here and there. :\

I seriously couldnt find much references for this. I mean photos revealing specific details e.g. the back of the stock (I know there is some sort of revolving flap covering the open end of the tube and I'd really like to see a picture of it).

I also checked pixagogo search but I didnt see anything related to this particular rifle. Is there more galleries visible only for registered members? Do you recommend registering to pixagogo?
  • ukkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ukkis polycounter lvl 9
    Av7xrocker97 The handle's edges also look really sharp and a bit uncomfortable to hold. Smoothing those out though really seems like the only thing you have to do.

thx for your comment.

In real life the handle is not really that ergonomic since the RK is pretty cave man desing. : P
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    Just make More Hard edges and define the shapes more, some pieces looks like soft curved organics and that has to be changed since all this guns are very mechanized.