Home Technical Talk

Maya 2011 Transfer Maps not working

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
JackyBoy polycounter lvl 10
Hey all! I'm trying to use Transfer Maps in Maya 2011 but when I click the button nothing happens. Here us the result form the command window after I click the button:
performSurfaceSampling 1;
(u"C:/Users/JackyBoy/Documents/maya/projects/ChatsworthPillar/textures\\").replace("\\","/");
# Result: C:/Users/JackyBoy/Documents/maya/projects/ChatsworthPillar/textures/ # 
// Error: Value is out of range: 0 // 
editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;
saveOptionBoxSize();

any ideas?

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Did you transfer across settings from a previous version of maya? If so, try getting rid of them and then just importing the scripts and whatever else it is in partcular you are after. Apparently it's somes specific files that causes this problem, not sure which but I've heard it doesn't seem to be something you need to have your old settings work in 2011.
  • JackyBoy
    Offline / Send Message
    JackyBoy polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah I did transfer settings from 2009...darn. I will look into doing that.

I have found a work around, if you select transfer maps, then select something like Surfaces>Loft Options then the options box for Transfer maps pops up with the Loft Options in the top left hand corner (about the size of an avatar). But if transferring over settings has done this, what else could it have messed up...
  • ageless1003
    JackyBoy hey bro, i am getting the same issue.Recently i made an asset and then when i was about to bake it and transfer the details Maya 2011 cannot open Transfer Map Dialog Box and there was error in command line displaying "// Error: Value is out of range: 0".Don't know what to do, can somebody help please....