Home Technical Talk

Mudbox Edge Bleed Issue

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
m4dcow interpolator
I have been trialing different programs which support 3d painting trying to find a good fit.

In my list was 3D-Coat, Photoshop, Bodypaint, Zbrush and Mudbox.
  • 3d Coat would have been the hands down winner, but it doesn't support colored specular right now.
  • ZBrush has no actual pixel painting, and managing layers is weird (at least it's there now).
  • Photoshop is just a PITA to navigate.
  • Bodypaint works the best out of all, but the weird navigation slows me down a bit more than I would like, but cloning across many different channels is awesome..
  • Mudbox is a familiar interface to me, but I get a gamebreaking error where it won't paint across concave areas of uv shells properly ie: doesn't give bleed on certain edges which leads to mip problems.
mudboxerror.jpg
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and how they have dealt with it (as a point of reference this map was set to 2048, but I had the bleed set to 16pixels). Also any suggestions or workflows for 3d painting apps would be appreciated.

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    try to subdivide the mesh without smoothing...
    and most of the time this problem doesnt show up on stuff with more organic forms...

dont forget to repor this bug...
    in the mudbox help --> report a problem...

they are traking all those reported stuff... a bug gets faster fixed if it gets more reports...