Home Technical Talk

Blender: UV Project from view with Perspective

DoomTay
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
DoomTay polycounter lvl 12
I've been trying to UV map an object relative to a flat plane, so that at the right angle, the object blends with the plane like a chameleon.

Problem is, the "Project from view (Bounds)" option only snapshots the model orthographically, when I'm going for perspective.

projectfail.png

How do I get it to do this?

Replies

• Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, it works as expected in 2.54b.
  • DoomTay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DoomTay polycounter lvl 12
    As I understand, that's, like, a beta version or something. One quick stop at the site shows that 2.49 is still the latest "stable" release, so I'm not taking any chances with that.

Surely there must be some workaround or something for 2.49b
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    You can use Project from View, then, and not Project from View (Bounds); that seems to put it into perspective. You can then scale it to bounds manually, that shouldn't be too hard.

I did a test, and 2.54b does use perspective with (Bounds). 2.5x files are largely backwards compatible. Animation data and Multires don't transfer, but simple models, modifiers and UVs do, so you can always just make the UVs in 2.54 and load that file up in 2.49b.
  • lehua768
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As I understand, that's, like, a beta version or something. One quick stop at the site shows that 2.49 is still the latest "stable" release, so I'm not taking any chances with that.You can use Project from View, then, and not Project from View (Bounds); that seems to put it into perspective. You can then scale it to bounds manually, that shouldn't be too hard.

I did a test, and 2.54b does use perspective with (Bounds). 2.5x files are largely backwards compatible. Animation data and Multires don't transfer, but simple models, modifiers and UVs do, so you can always just make the UVs in 2.54 and load that file up in 2.49b.