Home General Discussion

Dear Apple : fuck you.

Replies

• Tusan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Itunes was meant to bog down windows on purpose, lol.
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    Japhir wrote: »
    select the songs, right click > info > options > part of a compilation > you = happy. :)

Thanks for the tipp! It's so easy, why i didn't saw it ;)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    (Yeah I was a acid)

It sucks that itunes wont run on XP anymore. It's just a sign of the times. There are plenty of software options for ripping all the music out of an iPod. Then it's just a case of choosing how you would rather manage that music. itunes has a pretty good database structure, it's not something you can jump into and mess about with outside the software environment though.

I remember when winamp was king, and it was nice to keep my tunes in folders. But those days are over. IMHO itunes does a nice job with it's database structure, and once you get used to it, it'll help you find new music thus supporting new artists.

It has been said that apple lose money on running itunes, and only break even on the app store. Where they do make money is on the hardware.
  • woody_294
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to see you managed to get it sorted! I did say try that, but I guess I wrote loads of other crap too so you prob didn't catch that bit, lol.
  • Kewop Decam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kewop Decam polycounter lvl 9
    i do hate the fact Apple refuses to support Flash for BS reasons. I don't want to have jailbreak stuff and install junk just to run flash.

EDIT - wow, Itunes won't run on XP anymore? Now that's bullshit.
  • kaptainkernals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    i do hate the fact Apple refuses to support Flash for BS reasons. I don't want to have jailbreak stuff and install junk just to run flash.

http://www.tgdaily.com/software-features/51463-apple-allows-flash-developers-back-into-the-fold

Jist of it is, Apple has changed its dev license so that 3rd party apps are allowed, which means you can use flash apps on your iphone / ipod.

Though not natively, you will need to use:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/packagerforiphone/

To get any flash based app onto the iphone/ipod.

But it's good news all the same, apple still has control via the app store though.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    have you ever seen flash running on the iPhone? It sucks the battery dry and runs at about 3 frames per second
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    not entirely related but since you all sound like pro's.. How the hell do i keep itunes from fucking up(as in deleting) my music and contacts when using a fresh install on a new machine? Twice this has happened now.

Is it likely I'm just being an idiot by assuming the first thing I need to do is back up my iphone?
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    EDIT - wow, Itunes won't run on XP anymore? Now that's bullshit.

Why should an up-to-date apple app be expected to work on a 9 year old competitor's OS, in Microsoft's XP?

How many current Windows apps run on the 9 year old "classic" Mac OS?

Even Microsoft have abandoned supporting XP now. For good reasons, too :P It's bloody 9 years old!
    okkun wrote: »
    not entirely related but since you all sound like pro's.. How the hell do i keep itunes from fucking up(as in deleting) my music and contacts when using a fresh install on a new machine? Twice this has happened now.
    I set iTunes to organise itself, and I make it add any imported music into a specific folder, away from my C drive. That should take care of it deleting your media.

For backing up, you can do a library backup in the new iTunes. Not sure if this works in older versions.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know on the mac (windows should be the same I guess) you go to Settings > Advanced > iTunes Media folder location > then just set it to whatever you want. Mine is on a shared disc connected to the router and pointed to from various machines.

Anything that gets dragged into itunes ends up here. Makes re-installing painless, and makes playing music in the kitchen a joy :)
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    hawken wrote: »
    It has been said that apple lose money on running itunes, and only break even on the app store. Where they do make money is on the hardware.

Curious as to how they would lose money on app like that ?
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Spotify, whilst amazing, will not manage your ipod.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • TNO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNO
    ms paint is really great you can visit polycount and every other website too with it.
    haven´t heared that you can manage a mp3 player too with that program o0?
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    ZacD wrote: »
    Steve Job says "Fuck you and your 3rd party software!"

And I say fuck expensive mp3 players!

and I say Fuck whoevers using them cheap cassette walkman. :)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    and I say fuck Canada!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    ZacD wrote: »
    and I say fuck Canada!

Don't make me throw Maple Syrup and poutine!!! :poly127:
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't make me throw Maple Syrup and poutine!!! :poly127:

Damn you for making me hungry :(
  • Barnstable
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like iTunes, but then again, I don't fight it.

I buy music, drag it into iTunes, and then I can do whatever I want with it. I use iTunes every day with my iPhone, and I never have any problems I can't fix pretty easily.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Someone please tell Mr. Zac D that he can not fuck a country, unless he is an evil politician with a huge dildo.

Anyways. On the serious note. I never bothered to find some other program to upload my music on my ipod. (ipod classic here).

I only use itunes. =\
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Jobs has corrupted us all. We have not banded together, we have been torn apart.
    My brothers, REBEL!

...oh, sorry, this isn't some sort of epic novel.
  • Neavah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why should an up-to-date apple app be expected to work on a 9 year old competitor's OS, in Microsoft's XP?

How many current Windows apps run on the 9 year old "classic" Mac OS?

Even Microsoft have abandoned supporting XP now. For good reasons, too :P It's bloody 9 years old!

Lets be fair to xp and its users,
    While xp is 9 years old - its was available for purchase as recently as October of 2010. I personally bought xp last year.

(from http://tech18.com/microsoft-windows-xp-sales-october-22.html)
    If you are still running the Windows XP on your system, Microsoft says that it will provide support until April 8, 2014

Not to mention that (from same source)
    ...Windows XP holds most popular operating system in world and has more than 55% market share(according to StatCounter).

So - I`m no business man but if 55% of my possible consumer market are using this OS and its supported until 2014 - I would most likely consider that my product should be compatible with that OS.

Now xp and I can get back to our sweet love making :)
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    If you are still running the Windows XP on your system, Microsoft says that it will provide support until April 8, 2014
    Doesn't mean that apple should provide any support with their software :)
    Windows XP holds most popular operating system in world and has more than 55% market share(according to StatCounter).

54% of whom are most likely office workers, admins and goverment staff that're still running the yellowing equipment it came installed on, all those years ago :P
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    yanno I hate Apple more now than I ever have, my old man has an iphone and he recently bought an Ipad, Im trying to set up itunes on it only to find that it doesnt work properly. My old man lives in asia, and his account is set up there, he travels alot and when he is not in the country where he signed his account up he cannot buy music. I took the thing to an apple store to get it checked out and Im told thats the way it is.. what a load of bullshit..
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried MediaMonkey?

It recognizes iproducts.

Just right click an mp3 and 'send to iproduct'

it also lets you browse your mp3s on those iproducts and copy to your pc.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    So after many years of berating anyone with an Apple product, I have joined the herd and bought a 2nd Gen ipod touch on the cheap (2nd hand)

I'm going to try MediaMonkey, but I have a lot of music to pass over so we'll see how it goes. I may opt to Jailbreak the thing entirely; does that work on itouch's?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    We can fuck apples now?
  • ScudzAlmighty
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Feet up, loling my arse off.

But yeah resyncing is a bitch and itunes has some underling flaws that just piss people off. The only reason i have an iphone is because it was £140 for a 8Gb. My only real complaint is the fact that the newer Ipod software makes 3G & 3Gs run stupidly slow, which rumor says, it is to face fuck you till you upgrade to a Iphone4.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm looking to get a case for it as well, anyone know of a really cool (maybe even games related) case for an ipod touch 2G?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Start checking ebay and amazon. Most places don't carry the older cases anymore, even for my 3rd gen. It's amazing how fast places dump them, even though there's still a larger market for them.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aye I think I'll just go for a simple red one I saw on ebay :)

So whats the story with the processors in these things? Will the latest games play on an itouch 2G? I heard even Plants vs Zombies is unplayable on older models of touch's/iphones...
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Have you tried MediaMonkey?

It recognizes iproducts.

Just right click an mp3 and 'send to iproduct'

it also lets you browse your mp3s on those iproducts and copy to your pc.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

awwww I didnt see this until now..

next time I see my old man I'll get this on it
  • Mypeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreed, apple is the gd worst. yay for google at least
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know why people bother with syncing. I just drag what I want... when I want it. I don't have enough space to fit all my music... I don't need that much. I just plan ahead like a smart person.

I have no issue with itunes. It does what I want.

As far as fucking apple... apple is giving their new os away tomorrow for $30. Yes it isn't packed with stuff... but it is still cheap.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    1. ipod
    2. linux
    3. ???
    4. profit
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe you guys should do art instead of talking about things that does not interest me.

( just kidding, I love apple drama, go on!!! ;) )
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    ~ I like ipods. I have like 60GB of music, and i listen to music daily and I don't want to 'plan' what i wanna listen to.

I don't care about Apple, or iTunes, or any of that stuff.

They just happen to be the only ones that I have found that can provide me with what I want. All other mp3s seem to have crappy GB limits.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    DEElekgolo wrote: »
    Just use anything that plays music. Apple products such as the Ipod are so socially commercialized that old people are starting to call all mp3s in general, Ipods.

stupid old people, never understood that the walkman was a sony only product and not every damn casette player in the world :poly142:
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    So whats the story with the processors in these things? Will the latest games play on an itouch 2G? I heard even Plants vs Zombies is unplayable on older models of touch's/iphones...
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Andreas wrote: »

I can only speak for the iPhone since the only iPods I've had are the 'classic' style, but for PvZ style games I'd have thought you would be ok.

A lot of the Apps/Games have the requirements in the description on the App Store, like it'll
    say 'Requires iPhone/iPod Touch 2nd Gen' etc. Also, look out for the games that have 'lite' or free versions so you can grab them and try them out.

I'm not sure which iPhone equivalent the 2nd G iPod Touch is, but if it's the 3G, then a lot of the newer iPhone games, especially anything with heavy 3D graphics may not play well, if at all.

If I'm honest though, that may not be a bad thing... as much as I love playing some of the 3D-centric games simply for the wow factor of playing them on a phone, oftentimes the best games are the ones with simple graphics. For example; Game Dev Story, Cut the Rope, Fieldrunners.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I only know that the newer iOS' could not be installed on gen 2 and older, and it was because of the processor. I was going to reference it earlier, but I didn't want to sound like I was poo-pooing your purchase. The iPod touches are great devices for music and movies, even if you can't get the latest software (and some games).